• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lets all place a vistaprint order...

bigdave

Staff member
Don't worry, I've not gone completely mad but I genuinely believe it will benefit us all to place a business card order with vistaprint.

I've been musing this one over for a couple of days now and can't think of a better way to show prospective clients what sort of product they'll get for free/very cheap, than if you present them with a vistaprint printed card.

Thoughts?....

I've just looked at the Vistaprint website. There's a choice of "280gsm premium paper with a blank backside" - or standard paper with a printed backside - which would you choose ?

I have about 500 vistaprint cards from when I started out abut 2 and a half years ago...never used them. But yes good idea - actually gained by showing a customer the difference between their odd sized, 250ishgsm card to a 85x55 400gsm matt laminated, only costs them about £15 more per 500 I believe

We have a small supply. New clients sometimes arrive clutching Vista print cards saying I know this is awful - can you redesign / produce a proper card? At least you can use the information on the card.

Vistaprint refugees is the internal term. So sad. Often they say... I know, I was trying to save money... now I've had to pay twice.

I suppose the role is to obtain cheap cards - see if the business succeeds - then do it properly. The danger is a reduction in chances of success from the outset by burning credibility.

I have a chap who does my picture framing, i often show customers his vista print card and ask them what they think.

I had a chap in a few weeks ago who asked for business cards then explained to me that he had a cheaper "quote" (vista print £5) i explained and showed him what he would get.

When you hand someone a Vista print card it basically say's that you have no idea about business and are winging it.

bigdave

Staff member
I've just been trhough and 'designed' some cards on vista print. got as far as completing the order and it said they want £6 for postage!! I don't want to prove a point that much!! I'll just pinch the ones my sister had done! lol

I read a few things onlin about people who had ordered "freebies" from Vita and inadvertently signed up to some charity £15 a month jobby without even realizing (small print and all that) - they were having a helluva time trying to cancel it :icon_mad:

As an aside, a new IT shop has opened in our local High Street, i went in to try and sell them the usual start-up stuff and the chap quite proudly told me had got 5000 cards "for peanuts"; I asked to have a look and when he showed me he said "Vistaprint" and all I could say was "oh dear". Awful is an over statement.

Last edited:
On Thurs I was asked why I couldnt offer the £5 deal their Driving INstructor got when he ordered his Visatprint cards.

I cringed :icon_blushing: and took time to explain some basics of business.
If your driving instructor is 'tooo tight' to purchase quality designed & printed cards then it is most likely his brake pads are low cost 'hit & miss' quality as well. I guess we just have to wait and see ... or go get a driving instructor who has some credibilty which will be bore out by the simple things like high quality cards.... enough said..

what a conversation..

You only get what you pay for.

Katedesign

Next time I get the offer of the 'free' cards maybe I'll have a go! It's also the fact that people don't check the text and have all sorts of typos and odd CapitAlisatioN that makes the cards look even cheaper!

It's true that they offer some 'free' cards. However, if you look at the larger quantities, they're actually pretty expensive.

Also, what do you do when a client comes to you with a Vistaprint card and says they want the rest of their stationery and marketing materials to look like this template guff?

G