Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lemsip really is horrible :(

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by br3n, Sep 24, 2009.

1. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Got a cold at the mo and unfortunatly have to take lemsip - my god its bad, why cant someone come up with some tasty medicine? calpol styleeee

2. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

The blackcurrant powder version is the best one I've found. the one you pour straight in rather than mix with water. Calpol rules as does bonjela :D

3. I would say lemon and honey.. but home made none of this lemsip rubbish..

get 2 lemons and some runny honey (manuka is good) and some hot water.. mix it together.. and add some sugar to taste.. :)

4. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

Smell some olbas oil <3 i love it when i have a cold haha!

5. tim

tim Senior Member

i agreee

6. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Or what you could do is mix hot water with ribena it tastes nice and it's been proven that drinking any kind of squash hot, helps ease the symtoms of a cold!

7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

:eek: think that might be a better option, lemsip contains paracetamol tho so will have to add a dose of that :D

8. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Just crush it up and shot it in... or take paracetemol before you have ya drink. I get special tea bags with natural stuff in like Echinecia and add them in... dunno how much it helps but makes ya feel good!

9. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Two sugars in there mate, all you need.

10. Becky

Becky Member

I'd rather be ill than drink the stuff :( Well, that and it does make me sicker :p

11. I totally agree, plus there is always the option of adding whisky!

Other option is Night Nurse, it should help knock you out tonight and sleep straight through.

Best not doing both at once though.

12. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I actually love the lemon flavoured Lemsip lol.. :D

13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I had a deadline on a project and lemsip saved the day. I would not have got things done if I hadnt had some, however it did taste awful. If it tasted nice then it wouldnt do you any good, rule of thumb with medicines.

14. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

and cakes :D

15. how can it always go back to cakes.. like some sort of cake related 6 degrees of separation :lol:

16. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

6 slices of separation...

coat time.

17. most definitely Mike :lol:

18. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

MAN UP!! :p

19. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

wise council from captain america!

20. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

just have a bottle of vodka. then you'll be wasted and you'll forget you had a cold. lol