Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning to design Websites

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by aleczandru, Jan 25, 2012.

1. aleczandru

aleczandru Junior Member

Hi everyone for some time now I have been strugling with my inability to create my own web designs.I am a prety decent coder but I always have trouble when I have to create the designs. So I desided to try and learn to design my own websites

What I would like is to ask people if someone with no design skills can learn to create some decent designs and if so where should I start?

I should mention I know my way around both Photoshop and Fireworks but I'm not capable of creating any designs even if I have a design on wicth to look.

What I would like is if someone can direct me to some books , resources , tutorials that teach from a web designers point of view. Thank you!
  2. roman_v61

roman_v61 Junior Member

Hey aleczandru,
    For a design to work well it is advised that you have some kind of process with the client, you need to have a solid conversation with him about his needs, likes/dislikes, colors, websites that he thinks are good design, his goals of marketing etc...

after you got some answers you can surf the web to this inspirational design websites and be inspired by the latest trends in webdesign:
    Dribbble - What are you working on?
    Pattern Tap : Organized Web Design Collection of User Interfaces for Inspiration and Ideas. The CSS Gallery Alternative - Pattern Tap
    365 awesome designers

for more assistance just contact me in
    Roman Vaizer Portfolio