leaflet design

dubz

Looking to get feedback on these.
Thanx in advance

2yv03k2.jpg

1611gfc.jpg

I prefer the second one.

One point I have to make though is that you havn't given my eyes any incentive to follow your main bullet points, the biggest offender? - "Office cleaning from £9 etc." took my a long time to notice it was even there!

Making a poster easy to read is the biggest thing to achieve here

Avoid using underlining. I assume that you have two different leaflets aimed at different markets. The first is Domestic - Ironing, dusting, washing up. Second is Commercial - make the benefits in the second one more important and keep the heading closer to the points.

Don't forget BENEFITS is what will sell your services. Don't worry so much about the cost. If you can sell the benefits of your cleaning service - coming home to a clean and tidy home with all the washing ironed ready for the weekend people are more likely not to care so much about the cost (and you may want to be flexible on your charges - come down a bit if someone will use you twice a week and a bit more if they only want you every two weeks).

You also need a call to action. eg; Call today on 00000 00000. Make the offer on the domestic one bigger. . . you do want them to call you. Make it easy to find your number - give them an incentive and they might just call you!!

Good luck - post the revised ones here too

Avoid using underlining. I assume that you have two different leaflets aimed at different markets. The first is Domestic - Ironing, dusting, washing up. Second is Commercial - make the benefits in the second one more important and keep the heading closer to the points.

Don't forget BENEFITS is what will sell your services. Don't worry so much about the cost. If you can sell the benefits of your cleaning service - coming home to a clean and tidy home with all the washing ironed ready for the weekend people are more likely not to care so much about the cost (and you may want to be flexible on your charges - come down a bit if someone will use you twice a week and a bit more if they only want you every two weeks).

You also need a call to action. eg; Call today on 00000 00000. Make the offer on the domestic one bigger. . . you do want them to call you. Make it easy to find your number - give them an incentive and they might just call you!!

Good luck - post the revised ones here too

thanks for the advise, hadn't thought about it at that angle.

Well, I think you can improve this alot (sorry).

If as someone else mentioned these are 2x different leaflets for different market - I think you need to make that clearer as I guess the services are different. Plus you could consider making the leaflet doubled sided giving you more room to explore different sized messaging.

Things to consider:

1) Ditch the serif font, especially as the company's logo uses a sans serif font, plus with the graphic lines of the wave and bubbles the serif fonts looks really mismatched.

2) Why have you centred the text at the foot of the leaflet? Range that left and maybe introduce some simple line drawn icons to show the service.

3) The Black text on the blue looks too difficult to read, change that to white and maybe darker the background blue and use the more cyan blue to highlight key messaging in the bodycopy.

4) The large bubble in the foreground has a massive keyline, this is really odd, change the weight so that is better suited to the other line work you have used in the leaflet

Good luck chap, sorry to be critical.

Definitely change the font. This one looks quite boring ;) and the black text on the blue background may be unreadable for some people.

Your text needs a bit of breathing space, its all crowded together. Use bullet points and get rid of the centre alignment to tidy it up a bit. Be aware of the relationship between different elements eg some text is too close to your side graphic, some text is lost on your background in the second design. Not sure what format this is supposed to be (A4?) your text could afford to be a bit smaller to create more breathing space.

Second one is alot better than the first, but still not 'good'.

-the O does reek of O2 :(, so much so that it might as well be an O2 flyer you've pinched.
-Underlined and capitalised typeface is not a good choice.
-You've mixed at least three [maybe four if the font down the side is another one] typefaces in one flyer - look to try and never use more than 2, 3 if you really are compelled beyond belief and try not to mix serif and sans-serif fonts.
-For the small print at the bottom, don't use serif fonts in capitals, just use a clean sans-serif font, saves you having to put it in upper-case and means the text that's in lowercase in the same section doesn't look horribly small.
-flyer background, although pretty, looks more like aswimming pool flyer than a cleaning one.

On the plus side - if it wasn't so O2-ish, it would have been a nice background for a flyer.

Oh, and priorities! Logo of company is tiny, almost everything is bigger!

Last edited:
Back