Leads

noort

can you share your methods of getting leads for web design? what works best in your opinion? ppc, seo, facebook, word of mouth or maybe someone tried direct mailing? i tried so far ppc ( adwords) and wasn't getting good roi, so please share your methods here :)

can you share your methods of getting leads for web design? what works best in your opinion? ppc, seo, facebook, word of mouth or maybe someone tried direct mailing? i tried so far ppc ( adwords) and wasn't getting good roi, so please share your methods here :)

Mainly word-of-mouth but we have been working hard on SEO recently and that seems to be having a positive effect. But really recommendations get the best results for us and it keeps us busy. If you do a good job for someone then they really do tend to recommend you to others.

thank you Corrosive for your reply. I also have very good experience with word of mouth but in different niche. Have you or anyone else tried yellow pages or thomson local book ads? Do you think direct mailing to targeted group of local businesses would work well?

Direct mailing might work but I'd definitely avoid spending money on the directories, that would be a total waste of money. Concentrate your efforts on SEO to get to the front page of Google for your local area.

You can also try using peopleperhour.com which is a good freelance website.

This site seems to have changed a lot since I used it. It used to be that you'd bid for jobs and ultimately get massively undercut by amateurs and designers in India 99% of the time. Now it seems to operate on a style similar to <<removed>>, in which people say what they'll do for a specific fee and people accept these offers. Seems like a step backwards to me, for designers at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
This site seems to have changed a lot since I used it. It used to be that you'd bid for jobs and ultimately get massively undercut by amateurs and designers in India 99% of the time. Now it seems to operate on a style similar to <<removed>>, in which people say what they'll do for a specific fee and people accept these offers. Seems like a step backwards to me, for designers at least.

I wasn't aware of that, it's a shame if that's the case really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not use peopleperhour.com, you are best looking on Google for a freelancer in your area. I would say concentrate on SEO. Research is the key. Spent a lot of time researching your target market and area. Then compile a list of possible keywords long and short. Then begin your on page seo - title tags, meta tags, alt tags, heading tags and have a good sales copy with original content. Then move on to link building and vary your anchor text.

I get about 60% of my web design clients from People Per Hour - David B.'s profile - Google Adwords / PPC / Wordpress / Web D... - PeoplePerHour.com

About 25% from word of mouth and then a couple through email marketing targetted at industry specific lists generated from published content on line.

1) Get on all the portals, PPH, Elance, PPH

2) Start building an email list

3) Use social media

4) Use PPH in your local area only

5) Get on Google maps

6) Walk around your town centre and shopping district - Offer a free 40 minute "workshop" at their premises offering advice and answers on any business web design or marketing issue

7) Write linked in "answers"

Do these things and give as much value to as many people as you can and leads will start to build and your business will grow.

Hope this is helpful

You need to create your profile for Linkedin. Check various Web design and web coding website or forums were people have queries or have asked questions regarding website development. Here if you can provide proper solutions then people can contact you. You can also prepare emails list.

Back