Last minute flyer

tbwcf

I've done this for a friend who is starting to put on events, this is a flyer I created last night (printed this morning). He created the logo before remembering I am a graphic designer on some sort of online thing for £40 ((which I had to completely redraw as all he had to send me as a 3cm jpeg)).

Was a bit of a challenge as its not really my type of music/scene but I'd be curious to see what you guys & girls think...

tempted.jpg

I like it tbwcf, not that keen on the logo but as you say that can't be helped in this instance!
The ranged type on the portrait version/side looks really cool and very in keeping with the style :)

Is the colour graphic a stock image/vector?

Greg

The only thing I can add from a delivery of communications point of view is it's missing the key selling proposition which is the Launch Night. That message is kind of lost in the design and a bit of a throwaway. That should have been the one thing you see with your eye half closed. That is the reason why your promoting thru flyers, to intice people to coming to the launch opening, which are generally special affairs. It's a key sales message like 'Free' Half Price' Closing Down" etc etc. - I always say never put design in front of communication. Design wise no issue. Communication delivery, not great.

Very good point Berry...

what a dumbass!

The first version I did had huge text on the font saying launch night/date etc but wasn't right for the music, the feedback was to make more use of the logo (bigger) and make it 'futuristic' ((which I don't think I've done))... somewhere along the way in trying to come up with something pleasing on the eye I kinda lost the purpose...

250 have been printed but more are due to be so I will have a word and perhaps attend to that.

Thanks for pointing that out Berry!

tempted2.jpg

I'm not convinced this is perfect but this is my attempt to improve the message without redesigning too much...

I've made the text larger on the front and also put "LAUNCH NIGHT" etc on the back.

Thanks for the input Berry / Greg.

Back