Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last day today

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Its my last day at my current job today! w00t!

2. davewill

davewill Senior Member

3. No goodbye drinks, no big send off that I know of.. its all very low key (as it was through a forced redundancy) but i'm going off to manage a design team at a childrens book publishers instead which will be fun.

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

The next chapter....and good luck to you it sounds good.

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Good luck with new job Chris, sure it'll be great, and it's come around quick! :)

6. davewill

davewill Senior Member

sounds very exciting chris, will you still be hands on in your new job or is it more of a management position?

p.s typo, your new pic looks like dennis the menace, all grown up with his beer belly and big red nose!
    ________
    EroticFantasyxx

7. It has indeed come around quickly... not through choice but one door closes and one door opens.

I will still get hands on with some bits of work and helping out the other designers if they need it. It is mainly a management position to make sure that all the books go out to the printers on time.

Just got to get through the next few hours.. LOL

I even baked 2 cakes for people in the office.. one coffee and walnut cake and one lemon drizzle cake.

8. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

All the best christopher!

9. ta muchly Glen.. How is your throat feeling today?

10. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Congrats Chris! great news.... speaking of great news, I have been told I have to take my holiday entitlement from work! so, i have been forced to work 3 days weeks for the next 9 weeks! on full pay get in! :)

11. nice result Geoff!

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Congrats Geoff! :)
    & Chris, your day must be over now??

13. yeah it was awesome yesterday! Really thrown in at the deep end! Looking forward to getting back in it on Monday! Entirely print based, no web.. which is such a lovely change... Though next year i'm going to be managing a team of web designers and developers too (as the company is expanding).. so fun fun fun!

14. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Sorted out the tea/coffee rounds yet?

15. nope I make my own coffee.. been so busy not had any daytime DF...

16. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Sounds great Chris, nice one dude :D

17. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Congratulations mate, well done.

18. thanks fellas.. I have a meeting tomorrow about freelance illustrators which i'm going to add you guys as contacts to the list to get samples from (though this will probably not happen till next year as i'm working on January through to April of next year now - all the Xmas stuff has been assigned etc.).

19. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

whats the job doing Chris?

20. Studio Manager for 8 designers (2 seniors, 4 middleweight, and 2 Juniors) working in childrens book publishing.

also found this and thought it was from our very own Typo LOL

[​IMG]