Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop issue

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Silver Firefly, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Silver Firefly

Silver Firefly Senior Member

I have a Samsung R560, which was working great until I spilled a bit of my fizzy pop on it by accident. Now I'm having issues with the touchpad left button. It works intermittently. I know there has to be fluid under the button, because I have press hard on it, and in different places for it to work. My question is, with laptops are there ways of cleaning out the touchpad?

I can see myself having to send it off for a service and having to pay because the mistake was my own. :(
  2. unfortunately (from experience) the best thing to do is send it off to be serviced.. i've had to do that with a Dell Laptop before from someone here at work spilling hot chocolate on one of our laptops and then having the joy of sending it away to be serviced.

I wouldn't trust any "I did this and it worked for me" things as it could do more harm than good.
  3. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

i've heard a hairdryer can work, but don't take that as gospel
  4. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Yeah hairdryer could work. Or maybe try some contact cleaner? Always use that to clean my DJ equipment. Works a treat :)

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to get it serviced.
  5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Yeh, hair dryer it for a while, all it can do is not dry it, and then it needs servicing, watch other methods as you causing other damage could up the price...
    dont open it up either as that causes the warranty to void, and they can tell :S
  6. Silver Firefly

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to send it off for service. :(
  7. hopefully they'll be able to do a quick turnaround for you? :)
  8. Silver Firefly

They better had, I rely on this laptop.
  9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

What type of button is it can it be popped off an clipped back in? maybe you can clean it??
  10. Silver Firefly

No it's not that kind of button. But funnily enough it's been improving. I reckon the liquid has evaporated, leaving behind a bit of sticky residue.