Languages

blanchard

I have been asked to design a leaflet in a few different foreign languages and to make one for the blind too.

Some online translators are rubbish.

Can anybody direct me to a good one or can advise me on how this is best achieved.

Regards
Blanchard

The automatic online translators are poor, they are o.k for 1 word translations but for sentences they are rubbish, you need to hire people to translate the text for you, that is the only way for 100% accuracy.

Can anybody direct me to a good one or can advise me on how this is best achieved
Translation is my "core business." But you don't just need one translator, you need one for each language, and someone else to do the braille. Reason - ethical translators only translate into their native language, though they may work from different source languages. Your best bet is a translation agency (and a good one, one that uses a proper quality control process, I'm talking ISO 900xx and/or ISO 1400xx certification, here). PM me if you have trouble finding one.

My partner's French and has some translation experience if we (or more specifically she) can be of any use.

Transcreation

Hi you can out source the translation to Mother Tongue in London.

You need transcreation not translation.

MT they are the best, I can print it if you like, I am the multiple language print god..

regards

Rob

Translation

I used to do a lot of multi-lingual literature and was lucky to have a good translation house nearby. It was very good to keep it under one roof, because the guy who ran the bureau did most of the organisation which took up a lot of time.

The client used to send the translations to be checked by their contacts in the countries that the magazines were being produced for, before the designs went to bed.

Also remember that some languages e.g. German takes up more space than something like French, and that people who prefer classical French like to have accents on capitals.

Last edited:
Back