Label Printing Company Website Critique

Hi everyone - similar to the requests below we are a label printing company in South Yorkshire. Ideally our website would appeal to designers and brand owners so I feel like this is the perfect place to get constructive feedback on our latest iteration of our website.

Any comments would be much appreciated ! ----->>> https://www.crownlabels.co.uk/

Hi, Visually the site looks nice. There are some slight issues with dropdown menu elements breaking out of their blue container but the biggest issue will be trying to get the site to rank well in what is an incredibly competitive market. There are a number of issues with the codebase which is typical of a wix site, such as lack of h1 tags, the bulk of styling being inline and stacks of http requests (the site is calling 57 javascript files for each page!!!!). Additionally, whilst it wont impact negatively on your rankings, there looks to be an error with your analytics script not tracking correctly.

I was also wondering why you've decided not to implemented any kind of e-commerce to enable online ordering? There's not even any mention of pricing. Is it just that wix cant support the type of functionality you need? This in itself puts you a long way behind the competition. Print is increasingly price and time driven, potential customers aren't online looking for a number to call or an email address to request a quote. They're looking for a cost.

Please don't think I'm being unnecessarily harsh. I know the print industry, I know how slim margins are and I know what a difference every sale can make. Additionally a company which you would consider direct competition is a client of ours so I can see what they're planning for the next 6 months.

I'm originally from Sheff so I'm familiar with you guys. :D

I think the look of the site is good although I'm not that web savvy to offer the kind of advice that the above has.
It's worth considering commerce though as people do tend to order online though.

Hi, Visually the site looks nice. There are some slight issues with dropdown menu elements breaking out of their blue container but the biggest issue will be trying to get the site to rank well in what is an incredibly competitive market. There are a number of issues with the codebase which is typical of a wix site, such as lack of h1 tags, the bulk of styling being inline and stacks of http requests (the site is calling 57 javascript files for each page!!!!). Additionally, whilst it wont impact negatively on your rankings, there looks to be an error with your analytics script not tracking correctly.

I was also wondering why you've decided not to implemented any kind of e-commerce to enable online ordering? There's not even any mention of pricing. Is it just that wix cant support the type of functionality you need? This in itself puts you a long way behind the competition. Print is increasingly price and time driven, potential customers aren't online looking for a number to call or an email address to request a quote. They're looking for a cost.

Please don't think I'm being unnecessarily harsh. I know the print industry, I know how slim margins are and I know what a difference every sale can make. Additionally a company which you would consider direct competition is a client of ours so I can see what they're planning for the next 6 months.

Thanks - very useful points in there. Our previous page on Wordpress was awful so we've just gone for Wix temporarily as it was easier to quickly set up something which looked ok, we are planning on migrating back to Wordpress in the near future which hopefully will iron out a lot of the problems you mentioned.

In regards to e commerce I think with the exception of the very short run 'sticker' market the label industry lags behind a bit - in most cases though we need to work with our customers to understand the best materials/adhesives/finishes for their application. It's not a simple case of printing full colour onto a paper label as we work predominantly with a range of industrial and manufacturing clients who have very demanding applications.

I'm originally from Sheff so I'm familiar with you guys. :D

I think the look of the site is good although I'm not that web savvy to offer the kind of advice that the above has.
It's worth considering commerce though as people do tend to order online though.
Thanks Scotty - where are you based now? Did you ever deal with us ?

Thanks Scotty - where are you based now? Did you ever deal with us ?

Just outside Chesterfield near some bushes and a wall. ;)

Not sure if one of the companies I worked for in Sheffield and Rotherham had call to use you or just being familiar because you work in print.
I recognise your logo and name though.

Back