Label Barcodes

Hi.
Im designing some labels for a client that requires a barcode on each label, As I have never had to put barcodes on labels this is new to me. Can anyone shred some light on how i go about putting barcodes on the labels?
Thank You!

barcoding

Just a quick one, your client will buy barcodes and you will get a code to download. They can be supplied as EPS and pdf for quality, I am always worried about jpeg on artwork.

JW

Use CorelDraw

I have done a lot of barcode jobs in the past. Worked with a garments manufacturer and they had lots of barcode stickers and labels to be produced for their inventory for export. I used CorelDraw 9 which came with an optional barcode tool. It depends what Barcode standard you are using, e.g. UPC type, etc ask the client and they will tell you and based on that information you can generate barcodes.

Universal Product Code

Try this.

Online Barcode Generator. I haven't tried this one, but It looks good from what I can see.

Forgot one thing, The online tool might not generate high resolution image, try some other tools that create an eps. The tool I used in corel used to create vector barcodes, and to check if it works try using iphone or android barcode app. I wonder if the product will appear.

Last edited:
What John has said is correct...the barcode is generated from a unique number which is usually registered/owned by the retailer/manufacturer. Each of these numbers is unique so that the product is 'scannable' and identifiable throughout the world.

These numbers are often bought in bulk, but I know of a credible company who supplies single or small batches of numbers and provides a choice of barcode artwork in the usual formats for very reasonable fees.

Happy to post it here if ok with Boss Hogg.

Paul

Back