Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

La mia vespa...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by charles, Jun 28, 2010.

1. charles

charles Senior Member

Hey peoples,

Not been on here in ages...

I bought a sixties vespa and am interested to hear if anyone has any cool ideas regarding paintwork as it has just been sandblasted and is a blank canvas.

I was con sidering doing it pantone style with the colour code written on it like their other merchandise but thought may be cheesy dunno...?

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I think tbwcf has one (I could be wrong though) :) I'm sure if he does he'll be along to talk :D
  3. i would do the pantone thing :) very cool :D
  4. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Yeah I have got one, treated her to £7.59 worth of Super Unleaded and some fresh 2-stroke oil last night as it happens (bit of useless information for you).

Unfortunately mines not quiet as sexy as the 60s ones, I've got a Vespa px125 which is a 2001 re-release of the 70s shape.

I was going to get mine sprayed before but then moved into a flat so the money wasn't about. I like the pantone idea, any particular reference?

Another Idea I had was to get it painted white then paint black over the top in the style of - Lucy McLauchlan
  5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I'm liking Lucy's work. I hadn't heard of her before...good work tbwcf.
  6. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Yeah its very nice work, Lucy and Matt (I think it was a Matt) - used to run a studio beat13 together and did some really cool comissioned work but the website just seems to be Lucy's art now so not sure what happened there. Very cool stuff though!
  7. Becky

Becky Member

Probably the wrong forum to ask if Pantone is cheesy lol. I love the idea of a Pantone coloured Vespa (especially in this year's Turquoise) :D
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

How about taking the Pantone idea a step further and have stripes similar to Paul Smith, but with your colour references :)
    Could look quite funky on a Vespa

9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

If you did white and cyan, it could look awesome and Greg would love you!
  10. Greg

Greg Active Member

The DF Vespa! :D
  11. malcolmDesign

malcolmDesign Junior Member

I think midnight black with some 'over the top' flames... maybe slap a harley davidson logo on it and some skulls... of course the helmet needs to match as well.