Kojac Logo

Aarlev

Hey guys,

Would love some feedback on this logo. It's for a London based Jewellery Import. The client hasn't really given me much of a brief. He just wants something modern, clean and easily recognisable.

This is my favorite one out of the 5 I've done. But I'm afraid that it looks a bit like a logo for a restaurant or food magazine or something, or is it just me getting that feel from it? Maybe it's just the colorscheme doing it. If I try it in greyscale and make the O into a piece of jewellery of some sort, maybe it would work better?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Soeren

kojac_01.gif

Hi Soeren,

Do you know what styles of jewellery Kojac import? Have they given you any other information to form the design brief or just what you mentioned in your post? Does the name itself carry any significance to the products they import or is it a non-related name?

Greg

Greg said:
Hi Soeren,

Do you know what styles of jewellery Kojac import? Have they given you any other information to form the design brief or just what you mentioned in your post? Does the name itself carry any significance to the products they import or is it a non-related name?

Greg

They import a bit of everything. A lot of the modern stuff that you'd see in Topshop etc. but also ethnic stuff from the Far East.

Cool, I like the differing sizes and type styles you have setup on the logo posted above, but perhaps feel there's a little too much going on, from the other options you have designed so far are they all based around this concept?

I know what you mean by the culinary connection I think that might be down to the pastel green colour you've used. Have you tried it on a white background switching the white type to black then the green to a dark almost ruby coloured red? Just a thought, not sure how it will look tbh! :)

Let us know how this develops Soeren.

Hi Soeren,

If it was up to me I would probably keep it as simple and modern as possible.
Usually I try to go down the typography route first and find a modern font like Avenir.

I like the 'J' going under the logo, hooking on to jewelery.
Maybe that is something you should keep in a typography logo.

Would it be possible to see the other attempts that you have done?

Kind Regards
Dan

Thanks for your comments guys!

I've taken your suggestions into account and I think this is a huge improvement. The long 'J' didn't really fit in with this one. The only thing I'm afraid of here is that it looks too "expensive" if you get me. Because Some of the jewellery he imports is homemade and ethnic stuff. I feel however that the element above the 'O' could insinuate some sort of diversity. I'll try to come up with a few more before sending it to the client I think.

The other 4 I did are just handdrawn sketches. And they're too crap for me to bother drawing them up in Illustrator :)

kojac_02.gif

kojac_02_white.gif

kojac_02_black.gif

This is a vast improvement to the other logo.
I looks great, modern and clean feel to it.

The design does not look too expensive.

Well done

D

I'd flip the little arrow above the 'O' and create a something that feels more like a diamond.
I'd also track out the 'JEWELLERY IMPORT' line - it feels just a little 'typed' and needs some work on the spacing.
Nearly there though I'd say.

Aarlev.

I like the second logo a million times more than the first one. Very clean and sharp.

But I agree with the comment above about flipping the arrow, prehaps even make it a diamond symbol.

That's looking a lot better Soeren, really like the new one, as Paul has mentioned you could flip the arrow to create a diamond symbol, that could actually combine well with the 'O' to create a subtle compass to reflect on the importing nature of the business?

I like the positioning of the text 'JEWELLERY IMPORT' as it helps to break up the word Ko - Jac into the syllables as you read it, but again I think Paul is spot on, you just need to work on that a little more perhaps nudge it to the right a touch so it aligns left with the left side of the J.

Looking good :)
Greg

Back