Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King Robbo v Banksy

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Anyone watch this a couple of nights ago? Was really interesting and a bit shocking towards the end, although I understand from Robbo's facebook page that he is now out of ICU.

Worth a watch if you missed it.... Graffiti Wars - Channel 4

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I saw it, and was amazed at the status Banksy now has. I knew he was popular but I never knew they were protecting his works with perspex and even repairing them'.

It was interesting to see how much of a divide there is between graffiti and street art.

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

I didn't see this but has anyone seen Exit Through The Gift Shop?

4. Paul Murray

I saw that too, quite interesting, and frankly absurd that people would pay such amounts for work from a nobody, most of which I suspect was still drying.

Just goes to show the power a good endorsement can have.

5. Tony Hardy

There's a whole debate though, is Mr Brainwash real? Or, is the film a fictional Banksy set up? lol.

6. Paul Murray

Really? I don't think I could make someone like Tierry up :p

7. Tony Hardy

haha yeah, people aren't sure if he's real or not :)

8. Paul Murray

Come to the think of it, the name Mr Brainwash is a little questionable, almost like it's suggesting we're brainwashed in to believing he's real.

9. CYoung

CYoung Member

Almost certain that brainwash is essentially banksy showing how absurd people can be when it comes to buying art. I'm almost 100%...90% lol

10. Tony Hardy

Yeah, I think it's a fake documentary as well :) Very good nonetheless.

11. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Well - if you want to know - one of my Graphic Designers is a former Banksy colleague.

What do you want to ask?

12. CYoung

CYoung Member

Watched that documentary. Robbo's retaliations were really poor. Totally missed the point of banksy going over his old design under the canal saying "why has he incorporated my design"...

13. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

14. daytona

daytona Member

wow, I totally never considered that Mr. brainwash could of been a big set-up. interesting conspiracy.

15. linziloop

linziloop Member

Watched Exit through the gift shop a few weeks ago, thought it was awesome, and me and my boyfriend sat up speculating over whether Mr Brainwash was real - the Madonna album cover he supposedly did is a genuine album cover, so that's interesting, but as for whether the documentary is real, wow, we will probably never know!

So Minuteman - ask if the documentary was real, or Banksy larking about with us!

16. Minuteman Press

We'll have 10 mins on this tomorrow - your questions (hopefully) will be answered...

17. Minuteman Press

Yes it is.

18. Minuteman Press

Brainwash is a real guy - but... it was exaggerated.

19. Minuteman Press

"What you have to realise is that Banksy Produced the film, but they were slagging Bansky off. All it was - they look like they're enemies - but not at all - it's banter. Banksy is promoting both at same time. Though looking bad, Banksy will still associating - reflected glory."

20. Minuteman Press

"True - grafitti is from hard core b-boy hip-hop culture and they wouldn't appreciate poncy student types muscling in".