• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

King Robbo v Banksy

Paul Murray

Staff member
I saw it, and was amazed at the status Banksy now has. I knew he was popular but I never knew they were protecting his works with perspex and even repairing them'.

It was interesting to see how much of a divide there is between graffiti and street art.

Paul Murray

Staff member
I saw that too, quite interesting, and frankly absurd that people would pay such amounts for work from a nobody, most of which I suspect was still drying.

Just goes to show the power a good endorsement can have.

Paul Murray

Staff member
Come to the think of it, the name Mr Brainwash is a little questionable, almost like it's suggesting we're brainwashed in to believing he's real.

Almost certain that brainwash is essentially banksy showing how absurd people can be when it comes to buying art. I'm almost 100%...90% lol

Watched that documentary. Robbo's retaliations were really poor. Totally missed the point of banksy going over his old design under the canal saying "why has he incorporated my design"...

Watched Exit through the gift shop a few weeks ago, thought it was awesome, and me and my boyfriend sat up speculating over whether Mr Brainwash was real - the Madonna album cover he supposedly did is a genuine album cover, so that's interesting, but as for whether the documentary is real, wow, we will probably never know!

So Minuteman - ask if the documentary was real, or Banksy larking about with us!

Robbo's retaliations were really poor. Totally missed the point of banksy going over his old design under the canal saying "why has he incorporated my design"...
"What you have to realise is that Banksy Produced the film, but they were slagging Bansky off. All it was - they look like they're enemies - but not at all - it's banter. Banksy is promoting both at same time. Though looking bad, Banksy will still associating - reflected glory."