Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kia Ora Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Brian Harrison, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Kia Ora meaning Hello in Maori (New Zealand)

My name is Brian Harrison I have 4 children am a widower I have just left my job working for a firm called PWC (Price Waterhouse Coopers) :mad: working in the *Top Secret* marketing department here in Napier, New Zealand.:up: i am here to say hello to you all and i look forward to speaking to you and giving you my wealth of design knowledge. ;)

Thank-you :clap:
    B. Harrison
    Napier
    NZL.

2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Kia Ora was one of my fav drinks as a young'un.

3. Kia Ora was a awesome drink my friend. thank-you for the welcome.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome aboard Brian, have to say you live in an amazing Country, spent 3 weeks travelling around NZ a couple of years back & definitely on my list of places to visit again :)

5. Not much in the way of design forums in this country :D i toured the UK. quite a few years back and i loved it there, Want to swap?

again thank-you for the kind welcome.

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Done!!!
    I must have known this was coming, I changed my forum avatar this morning to a pic of me in a plane in NZ.. I'm like Derren Brown :D

7. Do you know of any others here from NZ or have been to NZ?

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

No regulars from NZ on DF as far as I can recall, one of the moderators Chris lived & worked in design in NZ for 5 years.

9. Yes i believe i have met Chris on occasion as he was working for Price Waterhouse Coopers in Auckland then tried down here in the Napier branch. it has been years though.

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ahh ha! Small world then :D

11. so he's a moderator on here how wonderful, i heard through the grapevine that he recently got married. or so his Former Fiancee States.

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah a couple of months ago if my memory serves me right, I've just sent him a quick PM to let him know about this thread as he's not had much time to be active on here lately, sure he'll stop by soon :)

13. Would be great to get back in touch. tell me greg if i have a few scouts looking for some of my students work and want to pull them from the course early. do you think they would thrive as designers?

14. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome to the mad house Brian.

15. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hello Brian :up:

16. I am honored to be on a site specifically created for GD's and WSD's if there is anything anyone needs help with let me know.

17. Hello Brian.. Sorry to say that I don't remember you at all (to be honest i've been trying to forget New Zealand for a long time now, some very bad memories for me)... did you work in PWC in Napier or in Auckland, and in which department? I don't really remember meeting you in the Auckland office..there weren't many of us in that office.

18. I Worked in Auckland for a time but not for PWC i worked for Bank of New Zealand and asked for a review of designers for our new site, your name came up surprised you do not remember everyone has bad memories about New Zealand it's hard to get rid of them. but i bet you already know this. but can it really be that bad?

19. I would say that burying your own daugher and getting almost killed multiple times by your ex-girlfriend makes things pretty terrible personally.

20. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Blimey...moving on....