Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ken Block

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Aug 11, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

2. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

He did a video for DC, something to do with his sponsorship with them, now that was sick! I'll see if I can find it.

3. glenwheeler

yeh mate thats the same Ad. DC Trainers part is just cut off at the start...he has loads on his site..its his main sponsor. Loving the legion of doom Avatar btw!

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Well he did say animal avatars! You could change yours to Hawk?

I saw that vid, on maybe Vimeo or any other site youtube! The guy is amazing, it would be easy to spend hours watching his stuff!

5. charles

charles Senior Member

dc have got the wrong idea in their new ranges, that graf typeface is sooo dated!

they could learn a lot from supra!

6. glenwheeler

There's a lot of logos out there that are dated tbh! I thought his top gear footage was amazing, hes been making the Colin Mcrae 2 game or Xbox360. Top guy he is.

7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Didn't he start DC with someone?

8. charles

charles Senior Member

the classic dc logo is cool, its the mono graf typography all over the side of their shoes that kinda ruins the brands appeal; they used to make nice skate shoes with a simple logo on, they seem to be aimed more towards goths now :(

bad times!

9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Sometimes sticking to your guns can appeal to a loyal fan base. I don't know, I've never been a real fan of DC, but I know loads of people who are.

10. br3n

br3n Senior Member

He co founded DC, nothing to do with sponsorships. He and his business partner sold DC to quiksilver a few years back though.

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Really? I did not know that! That is some usefull useless info. The sale to quiksilver, might explain a lack of real risk taking in their style decisions, same thing happened to Vans when they sold it to VF.

12. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Just noticed the title of this thread, thought I was in trouble or something! :)

13. aren't you always in trouble Ken? :lol:

14. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I try my very best!