justhost.com

tim

srsly?

i was just going to put web hosting through for 3.95/month and (that's x amount every 24 months) and they want to charge me the full amount NOW!

it looks like good hosting but why would they make me pay all of that now?

any alternatives that have the same features (or similar) for a proper MONTHLY fee?

most do 12month invoicing these days, you may get a smaller company do it but not necessarily at the same low price.
Have you considered one of the free options out there (i've used 000webhosting and its not bad in my opinion), maybe even use google to host it and then do a redirect on a domain name etc.

Or as I'm sure you've bought it already, how about a redirect and then hosting on mobileme :p

it's all coo now i just found out one of my brummy friends has his own server so i'm running the 3 new domains off there now!

and it just pissed me off because it's not really 3.95/m if it's £95 initial payment.

it's £95/24m

simple

I personally prefer the one off payment, means my site will be hosted for 3 years now irrelevant of my financial position.

Yeah but I'd rather have money in my account :p

and £4/m feels so much more reasonable than £95 transfer to me

Personally I prefer the all in one approach, 1 it's easier on the accounting and 2 once it's paid I haven't got to worry over it :)

the worrying is the fact i've just blown a large portion of my earnings in ten minutes!

im a "dont do half arsed spending" guy, if i dont need/want **** i wont buy it, and if i do buy it i'll return it within a couple of days.

£4 is easier for me accounting wise too because i know that that small amount will be gone each month, rather than one month being x% more broke.

either way, i found a good solution now

tim said:
the worrying is the fact i've just blown a large portion of my earnings in ten minutes!
That's why you make sure it isn't a large portion of your earnings :D

Back