Just started a new business

rustydiver

Ive nearly finished converting my workshop, just a splash off paint to go now.
Website up and running now. www.orbitimaging.co.uk
Never worked for myself so going to be a steep learning curve. Any tips appreciated.
Ive got an Epson P8000 printer, with the Rowe folding machine to fold patterns down to A5.

Where is the best place to advertise my services, besides shameless plugs on websites and Facebook.
Feedback on the website would be good to, so far its been positive.

web.jpg

You can't beat simple networking. Go to business conferences, hand out flyers, meet people. Meet with local business enterprises, look for coffee mornings.

Don't market from the office - get out and meet people!

Nice hardware, I particularly like the ISO 126 poster. I feel a little inadequate about the fact that my office doesn't even have a kayak in it, never mind TWO kayaks!

I've never tried it with design, but I know several business owners who have found a great deal of success with paid Facebook adverts. It targets individuals very accurately based on how you tailor your ad because Facebook meticulously harvest every shred of information that they can about their users, allowing them to pin point who will be the most susceptible to their marketing. You can set a budget and a time limit too, so its not like it racks up a big per-click bill or anything.

Best of luck with the new business!

Nice hardware, I particularly like the ISO 126 poster. I feel a little inadequate about the fact that my office doesn't even have a kayak in it, never mind TWO kayaks!

I've never tried it with design, but I know several business owners who have found a great deal of success with paid Facebook adverts. It targets individuals very accurately based on how you tailor your ad because Facebook meticulously harvest every shred of information that they can about their users, allowing them to pin point who will be the most susceptible to their marketing. You can set a budget and a time limit too, so its not like it racks up a big per-click bill or anything.

Best of luck with the new business!

Thanks my son keeps saying about face book. Think he is on a mission to try it out.
The Kayaks are there for winter storage, they normally live on the boat and I've got to show my workshop isn't solely used for business purposes ;-), which its not there a magnitude of worldly goods there you can't see.

AW! I don't have a boat either.

Stupid graphic design.

[Edit: They should print that as a quote on university prospectus front covers].

Two eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, they decided to light a fire in the kayak. It burned a hole in the kayak and it sank, killing both! Proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it.

I'll get my coat...

Two eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, they decided to light a fire in the kayak. It burned a hole in the kayak and it sank, killing both! Proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it.

I'll get my coat...

You've been pulled up about your dad jokes before. This is your final warning!

Back