Just need to confirm, pls help.

Nacarii

Hi everyone, I've been designing a logo for a client of mine, and another competing company/and quite frankly petty people , claimed that the circle I used was SO familiar and wrote some sarcastic comments on social media.

Obviously I haven't said anything, I'm remaining professional, and I'm pretty sure circles are fair usage, but just so I can confirm, my (not finished) design is on the left, the opposing logo on the right.

Can I tell my client that these other people have absolutely no right to claim over 'their circle' and he is allowed to use this artwork when I'm finished with it?

I understand that this might be a stupid question, but I'd appreciate knowing all the same.

Thanks all :)

Attachments

• 371ad71324d39754609de47a95fe3826.png
    371ad71324d39754609de47a95fe3826.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 12
Don't get drawn into this and remain professional like you are being.

Yes, they are similar in the way that it is offset but this has been done a million times elsewhere and will be done a million more.
You cannot claim ownership if the circle even if it is offset.

The same can't be said for triangles as I own them.

Oh... and the colour orange.
That's mine too. ;)

Don't get drawn into this and remain professional like you are being.

Yes, they are similar in the way that it is offset but this has been done a million times elsewhere and will be done a million more.
You cannot claim ownership if the circle even if it is offset.

The same can't be said for triangles as I own them.

Oh... and the colour orange.
That's mine too. ;)

I will remain professional as much as they may test me,

THANK YOU - for confirming I appreciate it, ridiculous what some will get caught up on.

I'll be SURE to avoid triangles and ANY shades of the colour orange in future, just to be sure, ahaha ;)

Tell them to jog on, unless it's trademarked they don't have a legal leg to stand on.

Personally, I'd drop the circular surround from yours anyway, I think it works better without it. You have the concept in the S/8, no need to add guff for the sake of it.

Agree.

I'd concentrate on what you have going on inside the circle.
I find it distracts and it'll probably become a hindrance on it's use if anything.

I'll be SURE to avoid triangles and ANY shades of the colour orange in future, just to be sure, ahaha ;)

Make sure you do.
Jus' saying like. ;)

Tell them to jog on, unless it's trademarked they don't have a legal leg to stand on.

Personally, I'd drop the circular surround from yours anyway, I think it works better without it. You have the concept in the S/8, no need to add guff for the sake of it.

Ridiculous how much drama a circle can cause huh, thank you for the advice!

You're completely right, away with the circle and it looks way better, why did I even add it in the first place? Thanks for pointing that out, helps alot :)

Agree.

I'd concentrate on what you have going on inside the circle.
I find it distracts and it'll probably become a hindrance on it's use if anything.

Make sure you do.
Jus' saying like. ;)

Thank you for saying so, I appreciate the tips! :)

Oh boy, I'll make sure of it ;) ahaha

Back