Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just introducing myself

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Damien King, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Damien King

Damien King Junior Member

Hey there!

My better half suggested I sign up with this forum, and after browsing through it seems there are a lot of likeminded people on here, so why not :)

I'm Damien, a freelance graphic and web designer. My passion is more towards the design side of things, but its web development that puts the food on my table.

I've been in the industry a long time, freelancing since college ten years ago, so I'm pretty old fashioned with my coding - I've only recently stopped using Notepad for everything, in favour of Zend Studio.

Not sure what else to say, so I'll leave it there for now... and I'll see you around the forums!
  2. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

welcome. I'm pretty new here myself. Looking forward to conversing with and getting opinions from another person on the interweb.
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Damien,

Welcome to Design Forums, glad you like the place on first impressions, and I'm sure you'll find the community very interesting and helpful :)

Good to hear about the personal recommendation too!
    Look forward to speaking to you more.

4. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Welcome Damien!
  5. lula

lula Senior Member

Hi Damien
    Just found a minute (while the kids are fighting) to post my introduction message – so thought I may as well do it in a reply to you! I've been freelancing from home for about a year (graphics and more recently web) after 15 years in studios/publishing and a rather long maternity break. I've only just started having my own clients, having helped out designer friends so far, and it's throwing up all sorts of queries about stuff I've forgotten or have never known (having been cosseted by working in a big company that had 'other departments' to do anything other than graphics). Oh, and I left work an expert in Quark. Bummer. So I'm now self-taught in InDesign and Dreamweaver (thanks heavens for Anyway, to all out there, expect a few daft questions from me soon...
  6. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

HI to both of you.

Daft questions are by far the best ones, because so many peeps want to know the answers to them yet everyone else is to scared to ask them. IMO anyway.

Welcome anyway.