Just Add Stock International Competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justaddstock

Hi,

I'm sure many of you will be interested in this, it's eye magazine's new design competition, based around the use of stock images.

Just Add Stock

Deadline: July 31st

The awards are for commissioned design work (made since Jan 08) that uses photographs, illustrations and/or film clips from any image library worldwide. We want to see how designers have responded to the challenge of working without commissioned imagery, and there’s a distinguished panel of judges, including:

Aporva Baxi, creative director, DixonBaxi, London
Pam Bowman, designer and educator, Dust, Sheffield
Tom Hind, director of photography, Getty Images
Mark Reddy, head of art, BBH. London
Deyan Sudjic, director, Design Museum, London

Just Add Stock’s finalists will be published in the Autumn / Fall edition, Eye 73, which is also a photography special issue. Our writers will be examining photographers and photography through the thoughts and opinions of graphic designers, art directors, creative innovators and cultural commentators, while our Review section will include recent books on photography, illustration, visual culture, design and art.

I think it's a genuine competition with some good judges. So I'm eating the Spam sandwich

Thanks Barry.

Yes it is very genuine with a very strong selection of judges.

Its the first competition we have run despite the magazine being available for many years.

Justaddstock said:
Thanks Barry.

Yes it is very genuine with a very strong selection of judges.

Its the first competition we have run despite the magazine being available for many years.

It's Berry not Barry................I hope he doesn't change his mind for this GREAT MISTAKE of yours! :lol:

I've heard tale that he kicked a badger in the face because the badgers owner called him Barry :eek: Berry is a man not to be trifled with!

There's only one Barry although I have heard Berry's dancing is on par with Barry's.

I'm not sure how much interest you'll receive for the contest here JustAddSock, only because the majority of freelancers use stock imagery most of the time rather than using commissioned photography, hence the concept behind the competition being more relevant to bigger agencies I would guess?

Greg,

The main aspect of the brief is the use of stock photography, thats why I've been posting on forums where I'm more likely to get freelancers rather than big agencies

chrismitchell said:
Oh dear... I hope he doesn't have any animals :p

I love animals, they're so cute and adorable, I have some at home

2dhs3ut.jpg

Justaddstock said:
Is that a stock photo Barry?

If so, I know a great competition you could enter....

It may just need one more addition to the collection before entry;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back