just a quick question

NUGFX

ok i wanna totally revamp my website, from the backend to the front ive made my design and been working on the code now for a while because the current design i have have was good but ive found flaws in it as everyone does when your site evolves.

my question is. if i remove my site from the web and start placing my new design in will i loose my rank within google and my seo positions with keywords.

i no its probably a easy 1 to answer but ive worked so hard getting my seo sorted and i dont wanna loose it. just wanna make sure 1st :D

ok i wanna totally revamp my website, from the backend to the front ive made my design and been working on the code now for a while because the current design i have have was good but ive found flaws in it as everyone does when your site evolves.

my question is. if i remove my site from the web and start placing my new design in will i loose my rank within google and my seo positions with keywords.

i no its probably a easy 1 to answer but ive worked so hard getting my seo sorted and i dont wanna loose it. just wanna make sure 1st :D

Yes this will more than likely happen if you are changing page content and structure, it may rank better or it may rank worse, you won't know until you make the changes. In my opinion if you are already ranking well and bringing in a lot of business then "if it's not broke don't fix it"

If you are planning to change everything about your website, then it is certain that there will be some downtime to your website. If this is really required, it is fine however it is essential to plan all the changes so that implementing them will not take much time. Moreover it is also important to optimize the web pages perfectly so that good keyword rankings can be achieved.

thanks for the imput :D changed my design and structure now, most of the seo is the same and shud be fine. :D

Looks good. Just a thought though, the NUGFX link in your page footers is wrong. It's linking out too nugfx,com haha :) Need to change the comma!

Never kill your website and never wipe it up before you have a new one that is ready to be uploaded, othersie all the work you have done for SEO and so on will be lost. Always revamp your website using some substitute domain and test it there, but never play with your main website.

Back