junior designer (UK)

ch3tzy

Can I please get some feedback on my portfolio blog..basically Im currently looking for a job and will be sending potential employers my site link.

Feedback on both layout n work welcomed..any other suggestions also welcomed.
ps. the site is powered by wordpress and theme credit is shown on site..
my background..product design at uni, and recently finished a graphic design course.

evolve8.com

Your work looks awesome.

Leading is tight on this screenshot >

h0u9

I had a similar design like this, but it didn't turn out as great as yours. Maybe if it had, I would've gone through with it.

Comments

1. The line-height on your about page is indeed too small.
  2. The GO button on your login has this strange orange border. Firstly, the orange is a bad choice, it doesn't fit. Secondly, on your hover, only put the border on top and left instead of all around.
  3. Style your input fields on the contact page the same way as your other fields (e.g. search).

Your work is very nice too, I especially like the conference poster. And maybe it's too early for this yet, but if you are going to write actual articles in your blog, you should tag your portfolio entries with a tag and make a link in your navigation that shows all entries with that tag, so people can easily find back your work (that was long sentence ^.^).

Keep up the good work, and welcome to DF :up:

Hrrrm, If I was hiring... I would have preferred if you had done your own theme rather than using an existing wordpress theme (Minimalistic Wordpress Theme) / Free Minimalistic Wordpress Theme - Modicus Remix 2.0 Premium Wordpress Themes from Zidalgo.com

The problem I have with public WP themes is that when used by a designer they draw more focus on questioning whether or not the work you have done and are showcasing in your portfolio is yours or some one else's?

Any reason why you choose to not to do your own?

just my two cents.

Well that's a bummer... I was thinking it looked slightly familiar, but I came up with a similar design without seeing the theme, so I assumed anyone else could have too. Might want to come up with a new design like Sunburn said.

Sorry guys, should have posted that the theme isn't mine..but i was running late for work and quickly posted this to get feedback on my overall work ie the individual posts.

ps. if i wanted to hide who create the theme i would have easily removed the credit. I'm not one to take credit for other work.

J house...yeah the type is a bit tight and i need to work on the style sheets once I work it out.
and thanks for the time and effort to get back..

Onartis, thanks will sort out the other issues on the site...

Sunburn...
Reason why I have used word press is because basically I dont do web (cant do web) I have no formal training on web design and it isnt something Im looking to get to hence the reason using a public theme available.

J house.. sorry once again if it seemed like i was taking credit where it wasnt due, do appriciate the feedback. should hve made it clear on first post

ch3tzy said:
Sorry guys, should have posted that the theme isn't mine..but i was running late for work and quickly posted this to get feedback on my overall work ie the individual posts.
J house.. sorry once again if it seemed like i was taking credit where it wasnt due, do appriciate the feedback. should hve made it clear on first post

Oh dude. Sorry. I didnt mean to have a go at you! I was just saying in general.

You still have a nice portfolio - so you should be proud mate!

J

Hey Ch3tzy,

more kudos to you for being honest! and I glad you updated your initial post, I do like your work and think you have some very nice stuff there. I hope my post is seen as being objective not slating as that last thing I wanted by posting my reply.

good luck to you

Sunburn,

Thanks for the valid point..you got me thinking last night..if you asked the question why havn't i done the theme myself.I would probably get the same question in a interview...

Back