JQuery and IE

C

chrismitchell

Anyone know any good work arounds for getting JQuery to work in IE? I've made an interactive image using JQuery (its an anatomy statue with roll overs in certain areas etc).

Also in a related note, anyone know of a way to display something to those only using Internet Explorer? As if I can't get this JQuery to work in IE i'll need to have a way of showing something similar instead to those using IE.

What does the jQuery actually add? The whole point of progressive enhancement is that you don't notice something's missing, only if it's there…

Well its an interactive image, i'm going to build the same thing in Flash, but i had already got a JQuery one working great in all apart from IE and just want to stop IE from seeing it, i'm able to make something display if its only IE but i haven't worked out how to block content from IE yet.. any ideas Harry?

Sorry this is client request not mine.

PHP:
<?
  $browser = strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],"MSIE");
    if ($browser == true){
    $browser = 'IE';
  }
?>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<? if ($browser != 'IE') { ?>
<!-- Map code here -->
<? } ?>
</body>

Yeah all JS/jQuery should work fine in IE. I've never encountered any IE problems with it anyways. Is it a script you created yourself, or a well known jQuery plugin? I'd try to get the jQuery working in IE instead and avoid Flash at all costs if it can be done with JS. Did the client specifically ask for a Flash version for IE and a jQuery solution for other browsers?

Like has been said,
The Jquery should work, if it doesn't it needs to be fixed so it does...
The jquery shouldn't be necessary, if its not there the site should still be perfectly usable and functioning.

ooooh any chance i can use that for this Harry? Looks really nice and slick :D

Hmmm, I did charge someone on here £20 for that exact same code a couple of weeks ago…

ahh well this is for a job i'm doing for a client on freelance so never mind mate :) I'll get this one working LOL :) thanks for the look at another (better) way of doing what i'm trying to do :D

Well I just talked to the client and he likes yours more than mine.. funnily enough... so i'll have to sort out a Paypal with you Harry to get the code from you :)

Okay cool, nice one :D

harry [at] csswizardry [dot] com for when you get round to it. No rush dude :)

Back