John Locke Poster

davewill

Evening guys,
Ive just uploaded my latest piece of work to my blog, it's a John Locke 'Obama' styled poster. Thought it would pass the time while I waited for season 6!

John%2BLocke%2BPoster.jpg

________
tits Cam

Yeh ive seen that set, im a big fan of Eric Tan who produces awesome poster art. His design, plus the Olly Moss's poster, and the 14 others from the set can be seen here if anyone is interested. i think by now they are all sold out, but they are still cool to look at
________
condo in Pattaya

I think there is too much detail in it, the original posters have no where near as much detail as yours. I guess it's fair enough on the beard because I don't really see a different option, but the area around the eyes really shouldn't be so rough.

All in all it's a pretty decent poster, how long did it take you to finish it?

thanks fella, i agree there is a lot more detail in the locke poster than the obama original but it was only a personal project to pass the time in work while it was quiet on friday afternoon. i hadnt used illustrator for a while so i was just trying to keep my hand in. took just over an hour from start to finish.
________
Group Sex Webcams

I think in order for this to work you have to be a little less lazy and draw your own vectors instead of using live-trace. It smells like bad quality, sorry :/

Yeah its back in America tonight Ally, think its on sky1 this weekend sometime for the UK.

Thanks for your comments Kasper, I'd have to disagree though. I started the work by using the live trace as a base, then from there drew over the top of it with nearly 100 layers. I dont think there is anything lazy about using the live trace anyway, but even still, it was an hours worth of vector drawing, and yeh, maybe if it was a live job for a client I would have drawn it all from scratch, but as Ive said from the beginning, this was just a personal project to pass some time on a friday afternoon.
________
Medical Marijuana Dispensary

I like it! Good work, but I think it would be more beautiful if the background would be red and not in red and blue like now. :)

Thats looks ace mate good job man! Any tutorials around for this type of stuff, wudnt mind taking a look at it to be honest..

Yea nice looking poster,i like the style. I gave up on watching lost in season 2 (and started watching Heroes) , is the plot line getting even more crazy now?

Thanks for the comments guys, if I get a spare half hour I'll put together a tutorial, I am planning on doing a few more in different styles, its just finding the time to do it!
And yeh, lost is even more crazy than ever! its believable as long as your ok with the issue of time travel and alternative realities being a realistic theory!
________
MachoCezar cam

I've just watched the first two episodes form the new season - I can't believe there is even more new characters!!

Back