Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jim says hello.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by jim, Jan 16, 2010.

1. jim

jim Member

Hi everyody.

I'm James. I'm from Colchester.

I've been freelancing for around four years, but stupidly haven't joined a design forum before. I've read lots of them but never felt compelled, until now, to register. There was something about the vibe of Design Forums that made me cross the line and sign up. I think it's the blueness.

I'm into branding, Illustration, web design, print...oh dear I really do most things, but am thinking of gradually narrowing down to branding which I particularly enjoy.

I'm super new to forums in general. I know not to say swears, but let me know if I'm doing something odd without realising it.

Another reason I've signed up is cuz the amazing Mike Sharp is on the team I think and I follow him around like a bad smell. Also, I need lots of good advice and I want to be part of a funky cool web thing.

Thanks for reading!

Jim

2. Alex L

Alex L Senior Member

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll love it :)

3. Welcome to the forum Jim :)

4. designium

designium Member

hey Jim. Welcome to DF

5. jim

jim Member

I feel at home already.

Hello!

6. Ant

Ant Member

Welcome aboard mate, the forums are here for anything you wish to show or need help with.

It's good fun.

7. jim

jim Member

Hmmm, sounds good!

I think the first thing I'll do is get people to rip my website to pieces. It's not live yet, and I've been tinkering with the layout and stylings for far too long.

Where would it be best to post the link?

8. Alex L

Alex L Senior Member

9. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Welcome Jim!

10. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Jim!

11. jim

jim Member

So many happy faces! I love it!

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome to the blueness Jim! :)
    Good to hear it was DF that persuaded you to join a forum, hope you find DF useful, and look forward to hearing more from you. As for posting your site/work for feedback then this would be the right forum > Work/Project Feedback & Critique

Thanks,
    Greg

13. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Every Tom, Dick and Harry's called Jim... welcome to the forum! :D

14. jim

jim Member

Hey, Jimlad.

Were you, by chance, named after Jim Hawkins form Treasure Island? I was. Being a Jim is great. James is good, but when people call you Jamie it's not good. No offence to Jamies; it's a fine name to be sure, but it's not Jim or James.

Cheers Jimlad,
    Jim

15. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Nope I wasn't named after Hawkins. Call it unimaginative but it seems in my dad's side of the family for the last few generations the 2nd son keeps getting named James for some reason, weird.

16. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Jimmy Riddle more likely!

17. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Jim,

Welcome to DF! :)

18. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Hello there and welcome aboard. Yes we must not confuse Jim with our Jimlad (who has a nice pic of himself IMO;) )

Also Jim, love your avatar illustration! Is that a character you have created? Really love the sci-fi feel to it from what I can see.:D

19. jim

jim Member

Cheers, Rhonda.

Actually that's me photoshopped into a special 'moon suit'. I drew the whole thing and it was pretty cool in a Star Wars kinda way. I have the rest of it somewhere, but can't find it...