JavaScript Menu snippit

andthen

Hi There,

Does anyone know where I can find/see a good example of some javascript that takes the user to a specific place of a page horizontally?

Ive seen this before, dont quite remember what was going on in the script, but basically i want to have my menu follow/stay in one spot and when you click on menu the page moves to where the section is.

Anyway if anyone knows of a good example that I can rip-off and reverse engineer I would be greatful for a heads up!

Was going to link orman clarks site but he changed it so the nav isn't static, but yeh just involves using anchor tags, smooth scroll and static navigation :)
Don't know of sites that have it, sometimes looks great, other times not so

@Renniks,

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I know theres loads of smooth script out there but couldnt seem to find, and yep the rest basically static Nav and anchors. I think I just wanted to see it in action, but hay hoe I'll nock something up tomarrow, see how it works and post it on DF ready for a grilling! Cheers!

Alright Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions, I tried out your examples but had a few issues when trying to make my page go horizontal, but then found a "softscroll" script on scripterlative . com and bingo bango!

Thought I would share incase you decided to do a similar thing at some point, and if you wanted to see the result check my site via link in footer (I am still working on site so be gentle!).

andthen said:
Alright Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions, I tried out your examples but had a few issues when trying to make my page go horizontal, but then found a "softscroll" script on scripterlative . com and bingo bango!

you never said horizontal :rolleyes:

Levi said:
you never said horizontal :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, what a tool I am, i forgot to mention that initially, and for some reason I thought I could faf around with the code myself regardless of its original purpose and make it horizontal some how, clearly I underestimated how much time I was willing to spend on javascript!

My bad

Harry said:

Aye up thats a sweet example, cheers Harry! However I did forget to mention that I wanted a horizontal scrolling code, yep a somewhat vital part of the question I missed out! But I can use this to come up with how to add other features to my menu!

jamiecuatroocho said:
This is nice too…

www.aisleone.net

Pressing the up n down arrows on the keyboard takes you to the top of each article. Nicely done.

@jamiecuatroocho

Thanks for that, that is nicely done, ill firebug the hell outta it and see whats cracking!

Greg said:
Hi Sukhy,

You could also take a look at Horizontal Way and the smooth scroll/slider script they've had available for some time - The Tiny Scrolling(s) - from The Lab of the weblog Central Scrutinizer along with the .zip of the Horizontal Way template + the smooth scroll script

HTH
Greg

Greg said:
Looks like they used this piece of JS - Ariel Flesler: jQuery.ScrollTo

@Greg

Thanks for these, some cool stuff going on them examples and definately a lot to learn!

Back