Jamie Vardy edit

Macca Designs

I'm new here and want to grow as a GFX business and start off early and get comments on my work to try and improve. Here is a Jamie Vardy background for your PC. See what you think!

MCTT9TZ.jpg
MCTT9TZ.jpg

You can't sell that. Or offer a business. Jamie Vardy has image rights as the sponsors and jerseys do.

it's great you're interested in a career in design. But there's more to design than Photoshop.

I'm not intending to sell this, it's for progress for me and just trying new skills in photoshop. I want to build in the future, just now I'm learning more and gathering more experience. I know design is more than Photoshop, I use Illustrator too but I currently need to re download it. Just playing about with this piece that's all.

The amount of people I come across that consider this to be design and saleable is a joke, that's why I always nip it in the bud from the get go.

For a photoshop piece, it's nice. As a design piece, it's not really doing anything, design should convey the same message to everyone, and art conveys a different message to everyone.

I'd consider this to be an art piece. If you like it then happy out.

I started off producing things like this when I was a student so be be dissuaded. There's still a market for 'arty' pieces like this as visual designer – think album covers or a cross-over of illustration and design for commissions. I'd definitely hone your skills in the standard design forms (magazine/book layouts, stationery and branding, etc) so you have transferable skills you can take to an employer or client, but don't give up on the more expressive stuff. I'm always jealous when I meet designers who are producing the sort of stuff I wish my clients wanted.

Back