Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jade

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berry

berry Active Member

I can't keep it in any longer...I hate Jade, always have, always will, but In hate the this death circus that she is intent on maximising. How any one with no ability or talent is such a media facination astound me. Does any one really care for the muppet? She is nothing special compared to many mothers out there. Has OK magazine bought the photoshoot to her deathbed? Max Clifford must be coining it in. It's sad state when front page news is this airhead who only wants publicity. Pity the children.

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Obviously it goes without saying I'd never wish what she's going through on anyone, and you feel for her and her family, I do agree the media attention is becoming ridiculous now, and I'm not sure who's behind it more? Does she want the media to get more money in for her children when she goes? Or is it just taking the British paps to a new level of invading "celebrities" private and personal life??

Lots of people go through the same situation as she is facing, but do with dignity and pride (have the media prevented her from doing that?!) I find it really disappointing that with all the media attention there isn't more connection with a related charity, imagine the kind of promotion and money the charity could have raised if it was strongly connected with the Jade story.

3. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

I asked a colleague if they thought it was a publicity stunt, and they looked at me like I'd just s*at on their desk.. She's unbelievable, cancer is a s*itter but seriously.. This has been way over milked. It makes her seem a little bit more vile.

Excuse the language, it's Sunday and I'm too hungover to censor myself

4. I was walking past a newsagent on my way to work the other day and it said on a little sandwich board thing for news headlines : "Jade Goody has only weeks to live" and someone had classically written "Does she want help making it quicker" under it in red marker pen :lol:

5. berry

berry Active Member

I think the key word Greg mentioned is Dignity. This is the one thing that is missing. ~ Jade is still about Jade and me, me, me. Her whole life. attention and TV shows have all been about her own small self importance its car crash TV. It's as close to the Trueman Show as you could get.

6. tim

tim Senior Member

Nearly a hundred thousand people think the exact opposite to you Berry! Log in | Facebook

Made me so annoyed, when I first found it people were saying "You're an inspiration to me and my children".... HOW!?

I wonder if a woman the same age with the same proposed time to live would get anywhere near as much media support and involvement. It's b*llocks.

7. matt

matt Member

She is a stupid, fat idiot, of that there's no doubt. And don't get me wrong, I'd love to give her a good punch in the face, but it's the media you should vent your collective spleens at.

If Living TV offered me a fat wad of cash for following me around with a camera, I'd take it. It's easy money! BUT the only reason Living TV and all the trashy magazines keep talking about her is because there are plenty of other morons out there who then go out and buy said magazines and watch said TV. It's just business, insipid business, but business nonetheless. She's just a stupid pawn in the middle of it, Max Clifford is the one pulling the strings, if you must shout and hurl bricks, hurl them at him.

8. berry

berry Active Member

Mmmmm... that just leaves me on my tod with the other 60.8 million people left.;)

9. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

+1

She only became a 'celebrity' for being a disgusting, loud-mouthed racist on Big Brother, and now that fate has stepped in and given her a turn for the worst, the media are having a field day.
    Why do they think we want to see adverts every 15 mins or the front of the paper about her passing due to cancer - how will that help those with cancer
    She should be dedicating the proceeds to Cancer UK not to her kids (no offence but I'm sure they'll be set for life anyways).
    If its not her, its that bloody Posh, hence why I don't read silly magazines like HEAT.

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

I heard on the radio that due to all the press coverage the number of women going to get tested has risen over 20%, so in that respect the press attention creating a heightened sense of awareness can only be a good thing. Quite why there hasn't been a charity connected with all of the coverage is the disappointing thing, the potential money that could have been raised to help others in the same situation now and in the future could have been huge.

Looks like Max Clifford has finally suggested that enough is enough with the press coverage - Max Clifford tells Jade Goody: 'enough is enough' - Telegraph

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

I think this thread has run its course, it's clear people have very strong views on both sides of the media attention Jade has been receiving. I received an anonymous e-mail from a forum member this morning who was very upset to be reading some of the personal comments made about Jade in this thread. For that I apologize for not editing the thread sooner, but I felt it was an interesting debate to discuss, and given that the coverage has increased the number of women getting tests by 20%, any discussion on this issue to raise awareness is a good thing IMO.

I think she is just doing what she thinks is best for her family & friends, none of us know her, and I think we all know how powerful the media can be at influencing peoples views.

Thanks,
    Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.