Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes... Someone help.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by br3n, Dec 4, 2009.

1. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Can be deleted, I cba.

2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

such a bad program. So very bad.

3. would you like me to delete this thread still Brendan? :)

4. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I updated to the latest version today and it's reaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyy slooooooooooow

why do they keep updating it? :down:

5. tim

tim Senior Member

apple update things with problems so as they can uncover the most common bugs with users and update them as soon as the issue becomes aware, instead of testing for months and then releasing and not tending to user feedback.

they're only on 9.0.2, that's 2 updates since 3 months ago.

6. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Just man up and use it! It really isn't that bad is it? Whats so bad about it?

7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

cant add what I want, adding pictures is an effort and why oh why are there 10 non logical steps to every process?

they need to bring out itunes lite, no crap no addons no special useless stuff - just a list of stuff on your pc and the ability to add items from that list to your ipod/iphone etc... (drag and drop being a good example of how simple the process SHOULD be)

8. tim

tim Senior Member

9. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

It is odd that while they have tried to create something natural and simple to use (I assume as this is the 'apple way') they have created a bit of an alright piece of software that has alot of people wishing it was different.

10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I like itunes as music player etc, its actually pretty good on os-x, but on windows the code is bloated and it installs everything whether you need it or not (iphone sync stuff). It is a bit heavy on the cpu use just to play music back and it's not even worth trying playing a movie in it as quicktime is crap, even quicktime alternative (a striped down less bloated version) runs better.

Some of the features like adding images are a bit long winded to be honest, drag and drop only works some of the time and it's album art search is near as damn is pointless for my collection (and yes they are labelled properly)

11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I tend to google for my album art, and add it with no problem. I do remember iTunes being really slow on PC, but it works fine on the mac I think. The updates rarely do anything for me though.

12. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Ive got a samsung mp3 player and I bought that PURELY because I didnt want to use itunes. Its the easiest thing in the world to use, and it has FM radio which ipods didnt have at the time and also the sound quality is better. Best feature of it - drag and drop, so simple to add music its effortless.

Now, Ive got an iPhone and decided to give itunes another go - its so unbelivably anoying, I thought I'd found a way to add some albums to the phone so give it a try and it removes everything id already done!!!

Even more anoying... for the first 5 mins drag and drop in itunes worked fine... now it doesnt? im not doing anything different its just stopped working. Nightmare.

Dare I say it? MS could do better...

13. tim

tim Senior Member

if the albums are already on there it doesnt do it again i dont think.

but then again im not sure why it'd do that ifthey're not on there already.

and your iphone can be set to sync manually, so you can decide when the library is wiped or not, and when to add specific albums, just plug it in and go into devices > your iphone and have some boring fun.

it works really really nicely for me on my mac but i havent really experienced it on a pc.

14. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I've never had any problems using iTunes.
    I always manually manage my music and video.
    Podcasts are automatic, just set to download the 5 most recent...simple.
    Works fine....I do hear of folks having issues but generally these seem to be PC users.
    'it wiped all my music off' came the cry.
    Yes they have the auto sync on...
    so, iPod fine, iPhone fine, wots the problem?

15. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I dont have auto sync on and the drag and drop problem im talking about is adding it to my device from itunes.

16. I have seen intermittent problems with iTunes on a PC (on my fiance's laptop) which seem to cause things to not copy onto her iPod, but other than that no problems that I can see.

17. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

See, I have multiple iPods in my house, but my mac is the one with all the music. So I have everything sync from playlists that I update every now and then. I think the problem some people have with using iPods is understanding that they need to keep the music on their machine or it'll go bye bye off the iPod on the next sync. But they tend to be technophobes anyway who'd be better off with at most a Discman.

18. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I don't use sync... I'm pretty sure that if I enabled sync, my dad would accidentally figure out a way to put all his crappy music on my iPod :hat:

19. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

iPodRip is very usefull if you want to transfer music/video back from your iPod to your Mac.

Don't know about PC.

20. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I've got 80gb+ of music and a 16bg phone... so its not auto-synced for obvious reasons.

By the way... Tim... Why are the official universal docks so bloody expensive? ($49 + $9) when you can get copies on ebay for £4?