Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes info completer?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Kevin, May 8, 2011.

1. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I'm sure there's lots of OCD people here who want to keep their music library neat with all the details and stuff. But I don't want to to it all by myself.

I know there are some apps or scripts out there that automatically find data, but I can't find any of them back through google :confused:
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Came up on a few different alternatives. Rinse was one of them, here are a few more:

TuneUp | Fix Mislabeled Song Info, Add Album Art & More
    Tagalicious – Clean up your music library fast – The Little App Factory
    equinux - Apple Software for finding, applying ID3 meta tag music information

I ended up trying the latter because of it's good reviews. It does a remarkably good job and works very fast :up:

But apparently, they all cross-reference the same music database so it shouldn't matter which you use.
  4. goathead

goathead Member

Alphabetically organising your 500+ Vinyl collection...there's not an App for that.
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I have a simpler alternative. Boxes and a pen!
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

7. Levi

Well like I said I'd never used it and I ripped my music in itunes which used the database to fill in the info for me.

However if your music was ripped in a different program and doesn't have the info then you need to get the info for them and to the best of my knowledge there is only 1 database for music artists.......
  8. tom thurs

tom thurs Member

I'm so glad I found this!

Itunes decided in it's infinite wisdom to rename all my tracks and call most of them unknown track - unknown artist
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Most everything that goes onto my computer is via CD, so I have never had a real problem. And anything that is by someone local, it is a treat to not have to manually enter the details, who cares about the album art!
  10. Levi

Networking everything together is my approach, can't be bothered to have to keep digging out cd's, it's bad enough with dvd's etc. Mind you my plan is to rip them at some point too, it's just they take a damn site longer to do :down:
  11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Kevin, I'm assuming "Get Info" stopped working?
  12. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Works fine, but I wasn't gonna fill in all the correct info manually :blink:
  13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I haven't backed up my collection, that would take months! I just add as I buy these days, thats the only way I ever remember to get them onto my ipod.

I have an enormous sound system to play CD's and records, I am still quite happily in the 20th century!