Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's a great day...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Feb 2, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

Opened my inbox to find three e-commerce quote requests, all big jobs (all big money), two logo design requests, and one SEO job.

I'm sure I'll be a millionaire soon.

90 years?
  2. chris1791

chris1791 Member

I thought you were offering free design until end of March?
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah, but after talking to me for a bit almost everyone said they'll pay me, donate some to me after the job, or come back for full work later!
  4. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

If you can get it Tim fair play, but when clients get free work up front with the intention that they will pay for work in the future , I have to say I heard it a thousand-times before, and it rarely turns out like that. Just make sure you get what you thinks worth for you time and skill. (dont mean to sound harsh)

There nothing wrong with doing free paying work, but at least make the work your own for your invented company or hypothetical client that way you can dictate the direction, design and quality.

My personally opinion its better to have a few or little paying clients and very good work then doing lots of free stuff with the hope someone going to drop you a couple of quid at some point in the future.

5. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah I see your point. The thing is, I can copyright my design, so when they intend to expand it (two e-commerce site are expanded in the future), they'd have to pay a designer lots more for a new start up than just coming to me.

Alot of the jobs are just "create me a flyer please?" kind of work. :D