Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IT-startup announcing design contest

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by surveylegend, Nov 8, 2011.

1. surveylegend

surveylegend Junior Member

Designer Deathmatch Derby ‘11

Okay, we admit - it’s not really a deathmatch. More like a skirmish. The worst that might happen to you is a bruised ego. We want YOU to sign up for a a no-holds, barred cage match of artistic muscle and graphical prowess. Put our mascot, The Legend (tm) into a spectacular, interesting situation in the shape of a wallpaper, animation or anything you think might fit the motif.

And no, there aren’t any holds on creativity as long as your creation impresses, astounds and amazes us and our visitors in the form of an image. A highly trained and objective jury will select the top creators, who will face each other in a final challenge round where the audience gets to decide the winner. The prize? Fame, renown and your name on an awesome piece of design work on public display. Not to mention our everlasting adoration.

Accept the challenge!
  2. The link is to a google document ... um... no.
  3. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

So you basically want work doing for free?

By putting it under the guise of a competition you think you're going to hide the fact?

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

At least the copy on this one is slightly more exciting.

All of my awesome designs are already on public display...

If I did the design for free, in exchange for a bit of publicity via you, it's only fair that you pay me for the publicity you and your site would be getting through my site and social networks.

I think that sounds fair. I'll send you a quote (don't expect it to me a small quote either!)
  5. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Who calls them selves surveylegend...? I'm now imagining some 40 year old guy in a dressing gown on his computer looking ahead to a long day of filling out surveys...

Anyway, more to the point, if you want an awesome piece of design work, you pay for it...

You know, I forget the last time I walked into my local BMW show room and said:

"Hey... Would you like to enter into an offer of a lifetime? Do you want to put your company's name around the globe? Are you ready for fame and fortune...? Right, I'll take that car and if it's any good I'll tell everyone I know that it's the best car I've ever driven."

"What? Why are you calling security?"

And as was demonstrated in my example, you'd be a lot better off talking to people like they're adults, instead of infants who've just been given Photoshop 6 by their uncle. Unless... that's the only type of graphic designer your project budget is capable of attracting. Oh wait..
  6. surveylegend

surveylegend Junior Member

Hello all,

I'm very sorry you feel like we're fishing for free design work. That's simply not the case. We have several talented designers working with us at the moment doing work we're all very proud of. I'd still like to thank you for expressing your honest opinions in this matter.

/The resident copywriter
  7. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

If you were truly sorry about the situation, you wouldn't have tried to fish for free work in the first place.

Are you paying the winner of this competition, or even the 'talented designers' that you speak of with money? Yes, you know, that stuff you can pay bills with or do they accept fame and renown as a form of payment these days?