Issues with using @font-face

S

Squiddy

I'm currently in the process of putting together my own website and I'm trying to get my head around using @font face. I'm not so much troubled with the coding aspect of it, more the end result.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get fonts to look even semi-decent. I'm trying to use Geosans Light, which is a pretty thin font, but even with thicker fonts I've tried they don't look right. I notice that some of the characters look distorted and some even have pixel sized gaps in them... which is unacceptable.

I've tried looking around on the internet for help with this issue but everything seems to reference merely the issues and history of font face. I'm using font squirrel to convert the fonts from my PC to .woff, .eot, .svg and .ttf. I've compared the generated fonts with the local source and they both look different, I'm not sure if I've not chosen the right settings during the font kit generation stage or what.

Any help would really be appreciated...!

It's OK now, I was up until about 3am and managed to get it sorted :D It just took a little playing around with the font weight and size.

I know right, it ruined my sleeping pattern for a week but hey, at least my font looks cool now :)

Back