Issue with JPG file changing colour

ollyno1uk

Hi

I am no designer but I have th need to incorporate an image onto a website. However when I try to crop the image or even upload it, it changes colour.

Can anyone advise me as to what might be going on and how I can solve it?

On the attached, the darker image is correct, the lighter is incorrect

Thanks a lot

Olly

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 12
Make sure your document is a RBG document if you are uploading it to web and CMYK if you are printing it, hopefully that will solve it :)

Thanks for the speedy response

I use Macromedia Fireworks and as you probably have guessed, I am no expert. Can you advise how I can change it to RBG or see what it currently is?

Sorry, I am mainly a print designer and wouldn't know. Google it, it must be a simple setting issue. In photoshop illustrator and indesign its just in settings or a click of a button. :)

Sorry, I am mainly a print designer and wouldn't know. Google it, it must be a simple setting issue. In photoshop illustrator and indesign its just in settings or a click of a button. :)

Thanks - I cannot see or find any such setting in Fireworks but I will keep checking Google - cheers for helping!

I found an online CMYK converter and converted the file to RGB however this came out much darker than the original file.

So it is back to the drawing board for me!

Thanks for the response.

However, as soon as I load into the Fireworks, the colour has changed to the lighter version. So whatever way I then export it is still incorrect.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Something that may help:

I opened the image up in the Paint application that comes with windows 7. The colour was correct. I saved the image, and then it works ok in Fireworks.

I now know that I can now manually carry out this process but it is very time consuming for 300 images.

What could be happening here so that I can work out how to automate this process.

Thanks a lot!

Are you opening the file as an original in Fireworks or importing it into an already-open file...?

photoshop is good in doing these cuts and resizes. If you are familiar with fireworks it should be easy for you to use the basic tools in PS.And i cant see a reason why your image changes colour. That happens sometimes when you convert images from RGB to CMYK or vise versa. Check your colour mode or try saving your image as a png format if feasible.

Back