Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Junior Member

Hey all,

Just to say hi and introduce ourselves on this here forum. is a design house based in Newcastle upon Tyne with past experience in graphic and product design. (If you want to find out more, check out our website!)

It looks as though we're going to be able to find some gems of wisdom here and hope to benefit you guys through the discussions as much as we're sure you're going to benefit us!

See you in the forums! ;)
  2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome to the forums, I work full time in Newcastle upon time as a web designer. Where are you guys based in Newcastle?

You have a decent client base there, Northumbria Uni etc...

Why is some of the site built with tables?
  3. Junior Member

Hey Glen, we're in Heaton.

And good query about the tables; as you can see we only dabble slightly with websites; just our own and the lifestyle section of the MODU one. So hence the portfolio is filled mainly with other stuff.

The portfolio page uses tables as adding an inline <div> caused trouble and sent all the images to the back. Any alternative suggestions?
  4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Hi Ish, (or is it matt?) I'm an illustrator for hire also based in Newcastle upon Tyne. The Geordies are slowly taking over the forum one by one!
    Have fun around the forums, feel free to shout up if you need a local doodler to hand. (nod)
  5. Junior Member

Yeah, it's Matt - I should perhaps write using a personal account but hey.

Wow I knew the forums here were lively places, but didn't realise there'd be such quick responses from the local area! You're on my books if anything comes up!
  6. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome to DF! :)
  7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Smashing, and yeah I imagine members might probably end up eventually just calling you "Ish" unless you get it amended haha. "Ish" works though.
  8. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Another local here! Welcome to you and your gang.

Am also an illustrator for hire....nice one.
  9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

You could build in a nice CSS grid in there, I wouldn't know why the images are going to the back, maybe set them as background images in somewhere? I have no idea unless I saw the code at that team.

I'm near Heaton too at Hoults yard. If you need any help putting a site together give me a shout. all the best!
  10. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Glen if your at Heaton could I drop that external HD for you to tinker with?

Sorry to jump on this tread but hey what the PM me