Is this so bad??

Didn't spend too long on these, ripped your layout Penguin but it's now more a personal exercise in trying to design something "sophisticated". :icon_smile:

View attachment 584

View attachment 585

View attachment 586

Ok you're doing better but still a long way to go. I personally think the glass sits much better above the text. Tony's right, the crown as it is just doesn't work. try it sat above the glass, literally crowning the glass. Again this is a 5min sketch, absolutely nowhere near perfect but you get what I am trying to say:

Attachments

• CQ.jpg
    CQ.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 16
Personally mate, I'd get the pens and paper out and try and work up some different ideas. It seems you're set on the idea of the cocktail glass, and whilst it's a recognisable device, it's not particularly unique.

Show the client your ideas as pencil sketches to save you the disappointment of her not liking the final design you spent all day on. Talk face to face with her, go through ideas on paper with her, discuss them, make sketches on the fly until you have a concept for a design that you both like.

Just because you're working for free doesn't mean you shouldn't act professionally and churn something out in an hour. It's still your name that's linked to the final design, and if it looks rushed or cheap, people may associate you with cheap, rushed work.

When she's happy with the final design, try and sell her some other services, for example stationary, vinyl window graphics, t-shirts, anything that helps promote her business that you can charge for to recoup some of your 'losses'.

Back