Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a Royal clanger with upside Down Union Jacks?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Apr 26, 2011.

1. berry

berry Active Member

Loved this poor Photoshopped pic in the Daily Mail depicting Union Jacks hang on Regent Street in London today as the capital prepares for the wedding this Friday.

While the nation, it’s journalist and the press gets all patriotic, perhaps the Photoshop guys at the Mail or EPA could get the Union Jacks hanging the right way round and not upside down.

If the white stripes are over the red stripes as shown then the flag is right side up.
    If the white stripes are under the red stripes then the flag is upside-down.

I’m sure it would be nice to get it right for some of the 55 Zillion Billion watching this on TV.The caption dos say “Flags: Union Jacks hang on Regent Street in London today as the capital prepares for the wedding this Friday’.

Looks like dodgy PhotoShop……….. The Daily Mail should check their images and sources before publishing so called ‘real’ pixs!

If it’s not dodgey PhotoShop then someone has a lot of work to do before Friday!

Attached Files:

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

don't forget it depends on which way down that road they're travelling, if they're heading towards the photographer then wouldn't it be the right way round...

3. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

If they are travelling towards the photographer surely the flag would be the same way round as in (upside down) as your travelling away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

it would be a reversal of the flag you see there, it's a 'transparent' flag where the design is reversed on the other side due to the printing/manufacturing process.

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

And here's me thinking it was symmetrical. Dhur :hat:

What Levi said sounds right though

6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I see. That 4th one Down on the left is definitely upside down. I would have thought it would be the same way round on the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. goathead

goathead Member

I got into a pub debate the other day...It's not called a Union Jack unless the flag is being used on the Jack mast of a ship and at all other times it should be called the Union Flag.

It wasn't a terribly exciting debate to be fair

8. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

actually this could be real, I saw on the one show a guy complaining that flags were being flown the wrong way round, so it might not be the guys at the Mail, but the guys who organised those flags, silly people

9. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Interesting fact :up:

10. DWildish

DWildish Member