Is there something in this?

mrp2049

thinkcopy.jpg

I've done this, as I've had the idea floating around my head for bloody ages!

Crit welcomed, should I add some texture?

I have thought about maybe changing the feel to make it more golfy, playing off the pub golf idea a little more.

There are a few other spins on this idea in my head:

Alcoholism isn't a hobby

Bing Drinking isn't a sport

That sort of thing. I'm in that mindset that I need to get this idea out, and need someone to poke me a little.

I think your idea of making it "a bit more golfy" could be worked upon

Maybe get together some really good sports posters (especially vintage ones, as it's more your style to go a bit "off the norm") and tailor them to your messages.

Remember that anything like this will receive a lot of "hostility" due to it's subject and how alot of people don't like to feel "lectured"...

EDIT:

Comments on the current one: looks cool, but doesn't strike me as linking with the message. Would suit something more like a design quote

I realise people don't like being lectured, but this country is a disaster and perhaps this straight edged punk is trying to make a point! Don't get me wrong I don't object to anyone having a few beers, but you've seen cardiff on a friday and saturday night, that **** aint cool!

I wasn't complaining about the message :) Just thought I'd remind you that you may receive hostility towards it.

Definitely something you should continue with :) Obviously a passion there

Not going to comment on the poster as I can't really think of anything but if you change the alchoholism bit to 'bing' you might want to make sure you spell it with an e at the end - ie binge, as we're not after the search engine :p

I like it mate. Nice typography. The 'dear friends' bit is a bit cramped though, I don't really like the n going behind the banner myself, and if it does maybe try and get a pixel or two cut off where the two connect. (hard to describe what I mean but I can see it in my head).

Mark, I am ready for the grief. I am basically welcoming it!

Levi, I hadn't considering that, try to drink a rubbish search engine would be a real challenge!

Fred, I know what you mean, the is a different n I might try that first. The poster is actually A2 on file, so we shall see. Update later.

Prefer that, although not sure which wording I prefer, I guess your message is more directed to binge drinking rather than acoholics though, so probably the latter being more fitting?

The kerning is kind of off. Definitely need to take a look at that. And why does the S seem so scrunched up?

Other than that it's good :)

you know the last one in the list when I went past it very quickly and it looked like "Bingo is not a Sport" to me :lol:

All of the S'es in the slab serif font. I'm sure it's just the way the font is, but the S seems to be way too narrow to match the other characters.

is it just me or is the horse shoe/defydesign.co.uk off center? it seems to shudder a little more to the left :)

other than that i like the colours and the fonts are coo

Back