is there any joy for a graphic designer stuck in a printers.

mick_mccabe

i love to be creative and challenge myself wih everything i do, but being stuck in a printers i just dont get to be as creative as i would like to be. which utter blows.

keep your chin up mick, im a full time designer working in a design studio and I still dont get the chance to be as creative as I would like to be due to deadlines/clients/budgets etc but thats life mate! You can always take on some freelance work in your spare time to stretch your creative muscles.

That's the trouble I was having, as I work for a printers too. I now just work about 25 hours a week for them, then freelance the rest of the time. It's a good arrangement as I get to do more creative stuff and follow my own path, but still with some financial security from my old job.

HI

mick_mccabe can i just say one thing.. was just looking at some of the flyers you have done and think you are really talented.

love the work

regards ricky

I started out in a printing company too, does get very frustrating! But I found I probably got to do a lot more projects than a newbie might get elsewhere, so I guess it helps to build experience quickly!

mick_mccabe said:
stuck in a printers i just dont get to be as creative as i would like to be. which utter blows.

stuck with VAT, accountants and chasing business - i just dont get to be as creative as i would like to be. which utter blows.

Back