Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there any joy for a graphic designer stuck in a printers.

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by mick_mccabe, Nov 24, 2010.

1. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

i love to be creative and challenge myself wih everything i do, but being stuck in a printers i just dont get to be as creative as i would like to be. which utter blows.
  2. davewill

davewill Senior Member

keep your chin up mick, im a full time designer working in a design studio and I still dont get the chance to be as creative as I would like to be due to deadlines/clients/budgets etc but thats life mate! You can always take on some freelance work in your spare time to stretch your creative muscles.
  3. mick_mccabe

mick_mccabe Member

Aye thats what im doing mate, picked up a couple of wee thingd for a couple friends, where i managed to flex my creative side.
    heres one of the poster just minus the text, but the text is on the bottom right of the dancer

no.1 dance & martial arts on the Behance Network
  4. TomHolmes

TomHolmes Junior Member

That's the trouble I was having, as I work for a printers too. I now just work about 25 hours a week for them, then freelance the rest of the time. It's a good arrangement as I get to do more creative stuff and follow my own path, but still with some financial security from my old job.
  5. tms-print

tms-print New Member

mick_mccabe can i just say one thing.. was just looking at some of the flyers you have done and think you are really talented.

love the work

regards ricky
  6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Stuck in an office.
  7. ScottTsukuru

ScottTsukuru Junior Member

I started out in a printing company too, does get very frustrating! But I found I probably got to do a lot more projects than a newbie might get elsewhere, so I guess it helps to build experience quickly!
  8. berry

berry Active Member

stuck with VAT, accountants and chasing business - i just dont get to be as creative as i would like to be. which utter blows.