Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a standard charge for shirt designs?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by James Coleman Design, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Hi ladies and gents. I am new to this forum and as such this is my first post.

I have been approached by a textile company to design shirts for cage fighters.

I normally charge £45 per hour and they want to know how much I want for my designs. Bear in mind they may sell quite a few of these so I was thinking about maybe saying £150 per design then say £1 per shirt sold?

Is there a standard rule of thumb for how these things operate? This is the first time I have had work of this nature come through.

Any help would be great.

Much Thanks

2. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

You are definitely on the money mate and welcome to DF! It would be nicer if you showcased some of your works first.
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome to DF.

That's a tough one to judge, you could always give a price per t-shirt and specify how many hours design time that gives, then if they did want further revisions, above & beyond that it would be charged at £x/hr. I've not really dealt with t-shirt design or textiles companies, but I think you'll be hard pressed to get a commission on every product sold, they will most probably want to pay for the artwork fully up front.

Hope that helps,
  4. welcome to the forum James :)
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

£150 per design is fair, obviously if its for a bigger company, bigger runs know what to do.

Unless you know the client incredibly well, don't agree to a job+sales, as you will have no way of monitoring it!