is it possible to defeat Google on their search engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryptx

I would start a new webmaster forum for my blog site and ranking it to top search but when i check this keyword "webmaster forum", Google is getting 2 first positions (as the picture)

toppositionsongoogle.png

I don't know if i build a new webmaster forum it is possible to defeat Google on their search engine to get top 1 on Google search?

I have seen many cases like this and waiting for a valuable answer.

Thanks
Harry

It's hard to say, Google's algorithm is a closely guarded secret, so it's not really possible to know if they weight SERPs in their favour. One thing I suspect is many more people will be searching for the official Google webmaster forums, and it's likely to assume the algorithm will take into account which pages are visited directly after a search takes place. Chances are most people who search for "webmaster forum" ARE looking for the official Google one, hence why it's at the top. On that assumption alone I'd say it's not possible to beat them.

You could try using PPC to get to the top of the results, or at least directly after them. Try and track down a voucher that gives you some free adwords credit, create a campaign, and see if your'e at the top.

Age of the website, how many quality links go to that website, amount of posts on a forum all play a part in how an item ranks... not to mention your own search history using google. I typed in the same search query and got a completely different set of results to you.

Google will have there adds set to always be top. If your adds were set with a budget of £5 a click Google would have £5.01 per click and as such always be on top.

On that assumption alone I'd say it's not possible to beat them.

it is not a good news when hearing but I will try some ways and see how they work or not.

You could try using PPC to get to the top of the results, or at least directly after them. Try and track down a voucher that gives you some free adwords credit, create a campaign, and see if your'e at the top.
PPC is pretty expensive and I am sure i can not go with it in long term.

No one can say anything about this. Even throughout my 5 years careers in digital marketing so far, I didn't see it. Even your optimization can defeat Wikipedia, but organically, not for sure for Google itself. If someone has any example(s), please share.

It seems like you are trying to do something of which you know the definite answer. I am not sure but I think it would be difficult or impossible to out rank Google in Google search engine. And as said Paul Murray, when ever the user will do a search for webmaster Forum, than the first impression would be to come across with the official Google Forum.

So I think even if you can't rank in the top position, if you manage to rank in second or third position it is completely ok.

In my computer, when I searched for webmaster Forum, I saw your website in 2nd position, which I think is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back