Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is an Energy drink, a Soft drink ?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by TheNoone, Oct 3, 2010.

1. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

I often wonder would you class an energy drink as a "Soft Drink" ?

A soft drink (widely referred to as pop, soda, or soda pop) is a drink that contains no alcohol but is usually referred to as a sugary drink. Soft drinks are often carbonated and commonly consumed while cold and or room temperature. ...

Does it's high content of caffeine and taurine rule it out as a soft drink ?

Anyone kindly share some facts on this?
  2. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Soft drinks contain no alcohol. Simple as that I think.
  3. I4Visual

I4Visual Member

I think drinks such as 'Red Bull' are classed as energy drinks, and drinks alike that, relentless and others, are energy drinks. that's clear enough to me but the one that gets me is lucozade, because it's so nice to drink and is sposed to be a sports drink, but I wouldn't class it as one:)

these still drinks that are sposed to give energy or 'vitamin' drinks, i would clash as squash.

coke and all the other fizzy ones are soft drinks :) lots of caffeine (most, not all) and sugar.
  4. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

All subcategories of soft drink. I'll say it again, soft drinks are the ones with no alcohol. All of them.
  5. I4Visual

I4Visual Member

so alcohol free larger is a soft drink?
    hmm, you may be right there but I'm no expert in the area so I can't correct you :)
  6. sweetums

sweetums Member

7. tezdread

tezdread Member

(reply to short....................................that should do!)