Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irh websites

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by ianhaney, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ianhaney

ianhaney Junior Member

I am looking out for new customers to expand my web design business.

I can create all types of websites for personal or business use.

Please feel free to look at my website www.irhwebsites.co.uk

Any replies would be greatly appreciated

2. I would comment on your own personal site, but I feel that would be taken as an insult and people would get angry.. Welcome to the forum Ian, I hope you find this place a wealth of inspiration.

3. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

There are a lot of passionate people on these forums, and deluded ones too :)

4. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I'll echo the above comments. (EDIT: @ChrisMitchell)

Always remember that everyone has got lots to learn, and go about learning it as best you can.

5. this is happening more and more often unfortunately.

6. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

A certain amount of learning should be done before taking peoples money I feel...

Straight into the marketplace all guns blazing! - good luck!

7. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Welcome and good luck.

(not sure if this is a serious thread or not)

8. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I agree, but good luck to him.

As long as he realises that he has a lot of work to do before getting to a reasonable standard.

@ Ian, Did you code that website? I'm guessing you probably sliced it and someone/something else did the coding? There's a lot of complicated stuff in there that's not needed for such a simple site.

My first tip, is read the HTML Guide on W3Schools.

Once you're upto scratch with that you'll want to look at the CSS, as they work hand in hand. But get your HTML knowledge there first.

I hope Harry doesn't see this, he could have a field day.

9. I think Harry would have a mental breakdown to be honest :eek:

10. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Oh wow, you're my new favourite person! I've been saying that so passionately these last few weeks!

Haha! Uhm, at least there are no tables... ;)

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Ian,

Welcome to Design Forums, I moved your thread from the Marketplace section (as we don't allow self promotion/sales pitch threads), hope you find the forums a useful resource :)

Thanks,
    Greg

12. berry

berry Active Member

......Never in a million years!

I think most people have been quite kind in this post. But I've got to advise you to find another career as quick as poss, as your nobody with half a brain cell will give you work. Sorry to be so cruel, but your site is very poor and shows no sign of design or communication skill. I think a bit of research into what is an acceptable commercial standard is in order.

I applaud any effort and wish you genuine success, but at this stage I'd bet my pension plan that the phone will not ring. Ever....

13. Harsh but fair Berry... I was hoping you would come along and say that :p I didn't want to be the first person to sling the poop so to speak :lol: as last time we got the person retorting in a bad way like an angry puppy yapping.. :lol:

14. berry

berry Active Member

Unfortunetley, we live in the real world and have to pay real mortgages at the end of the real working month. If we can't we're buggered. It is important that this guy understands if he has real mouths to feed then unless he changes direction they may starve.

15. very true Berry... We do live in a real world... I think he needs to go back to the drawing board and see if there is something he is better suited to or practice a bit more before trying to sell his services.

16. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I think the key issue here is not necessarily 'give up', but more 'before you can take money from people for a service, make sure that service is of saleable quality'.

And perhaps wait 'til the guy returns before continuing the thread? though after that I think the chances of him returning are kinda slim…

17. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I think although I agree with berry on many levels, his comments are harsh and not necersarily true.

I personally dont believe design can be taught, simply nurtured or improved upon. Its instinctive - not forced. If this is the route you want to go down, you probably will get paid jobs from it, but from clueless companies/individuals who have no real idea what they want, this wont last and it certainly wont earn you anywhere near a living. Logo design for £10 is uncomprehendable, that if your doing the process properly will work out at less than £2.5 an hour -> thats at redbull fueled, everything going to plan speed as well.

Take a step back, Work on projects that interest and inspire you. I hope for your sake your not reliant on this as a source of income, you have a lot to learn but if its what you want to do dont let anyone tell you, you cant do it.

Get inspired and do what feels right, it'll come. if you want it bad enough.