ireland.com Cost £2.4m

T

Tony Hardy

The company that built the new ireland.com website netted a grand profit of £2.4m pounds for their efforts.
It's ludicrous. Has the world gone mad? And is it me, or is the website not that good?
www.ireland.com

Well I don't find it easy to use to be honest, seems a lot. Unless the back end is amazing and literally transports the user (star trek stylie) to the destination at a click of a button!

NCRPads.co.uk said:
Well I don't find it easy to use to be honest, seems a lot. Unless the back end is amazing and literally transports the user (star trek stylie) to the destination at a click of a button!
Think you might be getting a tad carried away ;) However, if they have invented a tele-porter, it definitely will have been worth the millions spent on it! :)

Jimlad said:
Oh dear. It doesn't look like a £2.4m website...
Even if the looks were there, it doesn't function like a 2.4m pound website should.

I don't like the look of that site at all, too cramped, ugly layout and in my opinion the colours aren't very appealing for a website where it's sole purpose is to encourage people to visit Ireland. £2.4m for that, FOR THAT!? What has this world come to. No wonder their economy is/was so bad if they're making decisions like this.

Tony, how do you know it was done for £2.4m?

Squiddy said:
I don't like the look of that site at all, too cramped, ugly layout and in my opinion the colours aren't very appealing for a website where it's sole purpose is to encourage people to visit Ireland. £2.4m for that, FOR THAT!? What has this world come to. No wonder their economy is/was so bad if they're making decisions like this.

Tony, how do you know it was done for £2.4m?
There was an article kicking about. I'll see if I can find it! As well, it cost £2.4m and they outsourced it to a studio based in London :/

Key to success charge an absolute fortune! they probably paid a fair amount for the domain name.
The site UX isn't brilliant, its confusing and isn't responsive.
The map section is pretty good.

Jordan said:
The site UX isn't brilliant, its confusing and isn't responsive.
This exact thought occurred to me. In this day and age, what's the point in building for desktop/laptop machines only? Fairly stupid marketing strategy if you ask me.

Would of been nicer if you clicked on one of the icons and the page transitioned and made it feel like it was interactive........not just "slap something over the top and hope they dont notice the pictiure of fireworks behind our slightly tranpsarent wrapper"
Some aspects of web presence and advertising is stupid! think it was mazda or hyundai's new catchphrase took 4 advertising agencies and $24 million hahaha! ludacris!

Back