Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPO changes 'shameful' logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Eagle, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Eagle

Eagle Member

The Intellectual Property Office used to have such a god-awful logo that I recently felt compelled to write to them and ask just what they were thinking?; did they not think that their logo was a tad... "uncreative" and "non-innovative"... :rolleyes:

It seems they listened - but alas, I never got the gig. Probably because I also said: 'are you taking the piss?' :lol:

Now, I just wonder how much they paid for the new one? Probably tens of thousands, I'll bet. It's a fine logo, don't get me wrong - but I would question the spacing and overall arrangement - it lets it down badly. :down:

[​IMG]

2. tim

tim Senior Member

wow, the first one is baad. but the second one, i don't get the inspiration for it? or is it just because it's creative that it's linked?

and ouch! unlucky that your creative mind overtook your business mind when you wrote to them!

3. Eagle

Eagle Member

The logo is (as I see it) a creative interpretation of the Crown (crown servants). :)

4. tim

tim Senior Member

oh yeah, did not see that at all!

5. god that logo is just awful... totally unimaginative :( shame really :(