Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone on vodafone

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Dec 21, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

2. Mike

Mike Senior Member

hmm, it is "only" 1gb monthly mobile tinterweb - my o2 one is "unlimited"
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

yeh o2 ftw!

but remember orange's £45/m tariff is 1200 mins 500 texts 750mb data no wifi.

o2 arent really affected but orange are.
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Having just switched to O2 (sim only deal) from Vodafone after 15 years or so, I wouldn't go back to them with a bargepole, I was messed around for the last 9months, ended up with otelo getting involved!

Now just waiting on the phones I like to come out or drop from 'new release' price :)
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

neither would i but it's good news for them defo!

and im very happy about the fact that orange are being challenged.

did you see tesco's tariff? 24m contract, £60/m unlimited everything. orange's tariff was £125/m for "unlimited" everything.

did you know as well for example that their "93% 3g coverage" is not the whole of the UK, it is infact just where we were at the time of the test.

so on their premise if everyone in the uk was in one place and that place had 3g network, that'd be 100% coverage.
  6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

lol I know a few people happy about this!
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah it's good for them!

just sucks for orange :p
  8. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I pay £30 PM with unlimited internet and calls with 200 texts (cant add extra 500 texts for £2.50) 18 month contract on orange business. paid £87 for an iphone 16gb 3gs as well.
  9. tim

tim Senior Member

vodafone havent listed their business contracts online :)
  10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

vodafone business is usually pretty much identical to consumer plus unlimited landlines (I looked into it during my 9 months of issues). I never even considered orange, I was considering t-mobile (yes I know of merger) and 3 as in my experience they have a better rep!
    Went with o2 as I got 800mins, 1600texts and unlimited data bolt on which is plenty for me for £20 on a 12 month simplicity deal which should get £100 back because of quidco making it about £12 a month :) Then it's just picking up a phone of my choice with the refund I got from Vodafone :)
  11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Vodafone are scum, I can't wait to end my contract in February. But then O2 did piss me about too when I ended up losing a ton of money due to a theft. So... I think I'll wait for T-mobile to get the iPhone.
  12. tim

tim Senior Member

good luck with that.

i've had 412% problems with orange so that's the way i feel about em, o2 are my homedawgs, and vodafone, i've never had an experience with, their branding is just annoying.
  13. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I used to have a unlocked 1st Gen iPhone and used T-Mobile.

Gone now however.
  14. tim

tim Senior Member

they were giving unlcked iphones to business customers as well.

apple werent too happy!
  15. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

EEEEE I want i want XD
  16. br3n

br3n Senior Member

In honesty - all the companies are the same, ive had problems with o2, t-mobile, vodafone and even orange. However - Orange Business are incredible they do everything asap and are really genuinly helpful - also the free insurance is a bonus and you get a new phone next day every time for no charge.

Unlike t mobile who take forever and charge £30 a go.
  17. tim

tim Senior Member

£30 a go? woohhhhhh.

o2 insuranc ive found is exactly the same as you said orange biz was.

but i guess that just leads us back to this: