Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Thewholehogg, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

So what is the best iPhone tarif/service...O2, Vodafone, Orange....Tesco?

What do you get for your buck....I'm looking and want best advice from all
    you iPhone lovers out there.... know who you are.;)
  2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Contract for 18 month mate, on orange 600 minutes unlimited texts unlimited Internet usage and free access to BT open zones. Also got orange Wednesdays usage and I paid £89 for the handset 16gb available in black or White mate. Best money I've ever spent to be fair mate
  3. Thewholehogg

Is that 3Gs Glen? The Orange web site says cheapest handset £99.
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I think it's tesco's has the best options for the iphone.
    might want to check the small print as I'm sure orange unlimited internet is only 500megs.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

larf. unlimited web = not unlimited at all. 750mb.

i'm 3 weeks in to my month and i've used 524mb... if i carry on like i am i'll be on just under 700mb. on orange they'd charge you after 3 months of warnings, either that or shut your tariff down.

o2 by far i'd say. best customer service and best network for iphone. they have a great edge network where there isnt 3G, unlike orange and vodafone for now. vodafone are setting their edge networks up by they by no means have the best signal in the country.

o2 can be a little more expensive, but there's no costs to incur and they dont **** up your bill.

i'm on £35/m 24mnths - phone was £87.11 (VATs gone up so it's £89) for 3GS. 600 minutes 500 texts and unlimited interwebs (yep, that's absolutely unlimited).

if you were looking for tethering (to take the 3g and hook it up to your laptop), vodafone is the cheapest, but again coverage may be an issue depending where you are.

i think tethering on orange is £7.50 and o2 is £10-15.

how much do you text? does it warrant unlimited texts?

do you actually spend much time on the interwebs or see yourself doing?

probably 600 mins is fine, but do you see yourself using that much?

forget about tesco, who are basically just o2.

the only tariff worth going for is £60/m on tesco purely because of cost of handset.

last time i checked (i'll triple check later when im not randomly waking up jetlagged), £20/m 12mnths gave you an okay amount of minutes, not so much texts, but handset prices started aorund the £200 mark, just for 8GB 3G.

the £60/m is unlimited everything (well 3000 mins/texts cap but unltd interwebs) and a free 16GB 3GS, can pay £50 to get 32GB 3GS if you like.
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

just to let y'all know-

o2 now have tariffs starting at £25 all with unlimited texts and unlimited internet.

going very cheap means you pay quite a bit more for the phone bt it may work better if you dont wanna do £30+ a month.

£75/month is gone and £40, £50, £60, and £65/month tariffs are available.

o2 gone mad.

love it
  7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Sounds like my kind of deal (paying out more for a phone then less for the contract)
  8. Thewholehogg

It's still a fair bit to shell out...and is there something new coming later in the year?

Still I'm tempted.
  9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

No Mate thats 3GS buddy...
  10. berry

berry Active Member

when is the 4G coming out?
  11. Thewholehogg

It's on it's way I heard maybe July......
  12. Tony

Tony Member

Cue more insane prices for it.
  13. tim

tim Senior Member

1.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
  14. Thewholehogg

Insane price, your right.
    Quality bit of kit though...but should I wait or get one now.....:confused:

15. Levi

what are they likely to add on the next version, a higher res camera and maybe if you're really lucky a flash.

Possibly a higher res screen although I doubt it with the way the iPad works with iPhone apps.

More memory and/or lower relative price is most likely a given from past releases.

your call really
  16. Thewholehogg

another couple of months wait will not hurt.
  17. tim

tim Senior Member

oh levi btw you know what was funny?

today my friend asked two guys with android phones to look at a website at the page was white. refreshed it and it was still white.

tried it on iphone and POP there was an iphone optimised site!

good on yer safari.
  18. Levi

well in my view that's just poor coding on developers part, either that or it's been made to do it specifically with android browsers, maybe they're apple fanboys and don't like android as they see it as a threat :p.
  19. Tony

Tony Member

I'd wait and kind of wish I had.

Well I know a guy who knows a guy in Apple and apparently a new feature will be that you can make love to the new iPhone.

20. Levi

That's a new feature? why are there all those 'special' attachments out already for the iPhone :p