iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C

Yeah the iPhone 5C (iPhone 5 Colour), is meant to be slightly bigger than the iPhone 5/5S. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements, hopefully it will be worth an upgrade (unlike the iPhone 5) as my iPhone 4 is not too well :(

I'd be going for the 5S though, as I wouldn't want a phone any bigger than that, plus who needs different coloured iPhones, their original black always looks the best.

Last edited:
As CLHB says it will be interesting to see the new colourways on the iPhone, my iPhone 4 too is well used and abused so could do with an upgrade!

It will be interesting to see what the UK pricing is on the new iPhones.

It will be interesting to see what the UK pricing is on the new iPhones.

iPhone 5S will be available in the UK for a suggested retail price of £549 (£457.50 ex VAT) for the 16GB model and £629 (£524.17 ex VAT) for the 32GB model and £709 (£590.83 ex VAT) for the 64GB model, Apple has confirmed.

OUCH! :icon_eek: 32GB version £200 more than the equivalent HTC One. Not surprised they are doing the 5c. But even that is probably a mistake when you look at Apple's core values (no pun intended). Apple are bit like a rudderless ship right now...

Very expensive compared it's competitors.

A fingerprint unlock/buy things with - that's not enough to justify this model.

More of a gimmick than anything else. I'll wait for the next adventure in Samsung.

Why do people even bother to still buy iPhones? Genuine question.

To be honest I have never tried anything else, I used to have a Blackberry and my upgrade to the iPhone 4 and then 5 are a million miles away from this, although I have not tried anything comparable really. My sister had a HTC Desire last year which seemed a bit clunky and not as smooth, graphics weren't as good either. What's worth looking at?

To be honest I have never tried anything else, I used to have a Blackberry and my upgrade to the iPhone 4 and then 5 are a million miles away from this, although I have not tried anything comparable really. My sister had a HTC Desire last year which seemed a bit clunky and not as smooth, graphics weren't as good either. What's worth looking at?

I'm not too hot with phones myself. I have a HTC One X, which I think was one of their top-end models about a year ago. Smooth, detailed graphics, responsive to the touch, MASSIVE screen (an iPhone screen feels like a postage-stamp in comparison), and quite a bit cheaper than an iPhone. Their lower budget phones are quite clunky and nasty to use if you're used to a higher-end phone.

I'm still hearing good things about Samsung Galaxies. I'm probably going to give Samsung a try when I upgrade in about another year. I'm currently seeing a girl with a nice Samsung, I'm not too sure which model though, I'll find out.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with me S3 but would love an S4.

In saying that I think the Galaxies range are updated around May each year. Might be worth holding on.

Nothing wrong with the iPhones though, they are very good - I just don't see the point in paying that much for them - where the Samsung Galaxy is a very similar experience with a bigger screen.

Nothing wrong with the iPhones though, they are very good - I just don't see the point in paying that much for them - where the Samsung Galaxy is a very similar experience with a bigger screen.

I think this has hit the nail on the head. iPhones are good but not THAT good to pay way over the odds. I also have an HTC One X and love it. Plus I've had a good play with the HTC One which is another massive step up again. No way an iPhone should be £200 more. That's just barking.

Why do people even bother to still buy iPhones? Genuine question.

Because other phones are not as good for one reason or another. The ones that are as good (or arguably better) are far too big in order to accommodate their massive screens, which is a big negative for me. With one of them, I may as well be walking around with a tablet. I think the iPhone 5's screen is too big/long but at least I can still use is functionally with one hand using my thumb, rather than one hand to hold it and the others fingers to operate the larger screen phones.

Plus iPhones just look so much better :icon_smile:

Regarding the pricing, do people really pay the full price for their phones? Why? I can't remember the last time I paid full price. I hand in my old phone to the phone store and receive a cheque in the post or I simply sell it. I'm getting a new phone so why keep the old one?

One of the drawbacks seen by people who haven't used the larger screens of Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 is that they are said to be too cumbersome to hold.

However, I got my girlfriend one a while ago to upgrade her Galaxy Ace - she got the S3 for free with an upgrade.

She is delighted with the huge screen, loves watching her tennis on it, netflix and other things.

I don't know - I guess if the iPhone screen fits your needs then that's great.

But I use my smartphone for watching a lot of TV and video streaming on wifi.

I never wanted a Tablet because my smartphone (S1) did all the things a tablet did. But the screen and battery was useless.

I got the upgrade to the S3 and the battery life is brilliant - not having to charge for 24 hours.

Plus the bigger screen gives me the benefit of a phone and a watchable device that's not a tablet.

But it's what people prefer. I prefer the bigger screen. Suits my needs.

My problem with the iPhone is that it's services have fallen behind that of Android. Google's ecosystem is just more cohesive and the tedium that is thunderbolt is just annoying.

I'm just going to leave this here.

[video=youtube;NCwBkNgPZFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCwBkNgPZFQ[/video]

Back